Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Winton Historic Festival of Speed

Thumbs up

Give'm hell mates.......

Expecting LOTS of pictures....... and possibly an article for the ESSES.........
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Cracking track! Friday was crazy two spins in thto the mud, both at the ends of the straights. I'm told that that's exceeding the limit and to just come back a little. 5 different sessions.... Group s, two groups of reg. crazy day but by the end of it I had an understanding.

Saturday came and I ran reg again, the group S qualifying followed by Orsche regularity. Just nearly killed me in the Porsche cup and I had not idea where I qualifies?? The results weren't up on natspft until lunch time. Very happy with the grid position although in far more experienced company than my own. Lined up after about 3/4 of hour delay all which was I think one of the longest waits I've ever endured...

Start was a !@#$-up plain and simple 3rd gear. But I did have fun chasing and I was retry determined once I got the hang of it. I found some tiny little cars will take up a lot of the track!

Today is another day... Just been scrutinized and about to go out in Reg. very interesting lineup will post a photo if I can from my phone
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 08-11-2012 at 02:03 PM.
    Andrew B (Tiger)
    911 69E Historic Production Race Car

Drive safe big guys!
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    1968 911 Race Car "Grun Hilda"
    1969 S/T interpretation "Blau Healer"
    Restoration Saga

here is Justin getting ready for the Porsche demonstration run on saturday
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Justin hope you enjoyed your first track adventure at Winton!

Mr Begg is to be complimented on a great first outing at Winton. Th technical track suits our cars but even more impressive was his fastest lap time of 1.43.9

Looks like he had a great weekend now for Sandown?!
    Alex Webster

1967 911S Sunroof - RHD
    1969 911E - LHD - Historic Racecar
    1975 911 Carrera 2.7 MFI - RHD - Historic Racecar

My historic racing videos - www.youtube.com/aewebster

Nice work AB, times dropped all weekend. And a good recovery from the race 1 'issue'.

Justin - So what do you think of this track shenanigins??

Ps. What was the 964 RSR that Chris Stannard was driving? The old Morgan vodafone Porsche cup car?
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

AB,

You may have won SBc

Hung, you looked to be doing okay, but then had a DNF - what happened?
    Alex Webster

1967 911S Sunroof - RHD
    1969 911E - LHD - Historic Racecar
    1975 911 Carrera 2.7 MFI - RHD - Historic Racecar

My historic racing videos - www.youtube.com/aewebster

As usual I qualified well but then in race 1 get dragged off the start by 3.0 ltr BMW ... eventually he went on the grass and lost control and hit me on the left front guard and door.

Lots of red race tape patching I went out on race 2 and after 2 laps can feel vibration on front wheels came back in and discover I had not torque the wheel nuts, too many things on my mind.

Did complete race 3, they stuffed up big time I should have started with AB given our qualifying times but they had quite a few cars not on the grid sheet, the positive is that I completed 14 laps with no issue.

So it looked like panel damages but nothing else.

Well, I've just got back today and I'm still on a high. What a great track and what a great weekend.

Thank you Hung and Brian for your hospitality. Along with all the encouragement form the peanut gallery. I did also enjoy the hospitality from the Porsche Cars Australia....

I think I've got reasonable feel for the track after about 70 laps in various categories.

Attached are some photos. Most interesting was Regularity 2 (see the pic of three cars in the shed) Ian Henderson's beautiful R, a Vette and real A9X Torana.
    These were just a few of the extraordinary cars which also included a Nascar and Chris Stannard's RSR. Mr Begg was very carefully watching his mirrors!

I also ran in the Porsche Reg. which was a lot of fun, just not enough Typ-901 cars. Next year gentlemen...... PS. Apologies to Justin for passing on the wrong side when he wasn't expecting it. Justin should also be congratulated on having a real go, I think he's a 'converted' !!!!

Hung, next meeting will be better. Remember panels for Alfa's are cheap!!

IMG_0440.jpgIMG_0447.jpgIMG_0443.jpgIMG_0444.jpgIMG_0446.jpg
    Andrew B (Tiger)
    911 69E Historic Production Race Car