Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: WTB: 917 935 962 Warning Lamps Idiot Lights AMBER YELLOW ORANGE

We got them from eleven parts for use in our restoration on Porsche 962-108b. They are incredibly expensive (150+ euros each), and we needed seven. $1000 later, they arrived and they look indistinguishable from the originals. Very high / original quality.

-Wayne

I got mine today from http://www.vm-77.de/IMG_9008.jpg

3pcs. for total € 200 (67/pcs.), so thats less then 50%!

I think they look perfect! They might have some more and also different colours.

BR Andy
    Member # 3533

Porsche tractor 218S
    Porsche 911SC 1978
    Porsche 911SC 1983
    Porsche 930 turbo cabrio 1989
    Porsche 996 2001

They look...... 3d printed!

Olivier, I don't know if they are 3-D printed but I'm sure these are the same as the one which Wayne bought.
    l1.jpg

l2.jpg

I'm looking now for almost 2 years to get them and I think these are the closest once you can get.

BR Andy
    Member # 3533

Porsche tractor 218S
    Porsche 911SC 1978
    Porsche 911SC 1983
    Porsche 996 2001

Andy,

There wasn't any kind of criticism in my comment. I was just surprised by the parts sold. I'm highly interested in parts remanufacturing.

Just "for fun" here are some sie to side close ups:

bulb2.JPG

Grainy finish on the OG, not so much on the repop

bulb1.JPG

There's a smooth "dimple'? on the OG one. Seems bigger on the repop

bulb3.JPG

It's a close up of the repop, and from your pictures, it looks loke "strats". It would be very unlikely to see this kind of machining marks on the mold, that's why i thought they're 3D printed.

Anyway, they are cool parts! Someone took time and effort to make them. I just wonder how much a simple injection mold would have cost, since there's only one needed (3 parts mold IMHO). The trickiest part being the grainy finish on the face (this could make the mold useless actually)

Those look nice, but the ones that we bought look slightly different. The ones we bought are nearly identical to the originals and look like they have been injection molded. The quality is excellent - there’s no stair stepping on the rounded top.

Wayne

Oliver, Wayne, I got it!

@ Oliver I din't felt criticised, and chapeau for your eyes I din't saw the dimples on the OG but I never had the opportunity to hold an original one in hand.

and Wayne you are right there is a stair stepping on the rounded top as you mentioned.

I will use them on an 1978 safari replica and while I only need 3 of them I might consider the once from elevenparts las well while I want to come as close as possible.

Thanks for your comments and it's always a pleasure to get some input from the experts!

BR Andy
    Member # 3533

Porsche tractor 218S
    Porsche 911SC 1978
    Porsche 911SC 1983
    Porsche 996 2001

Not wanting to take this offtopic but with vacuum injection moulding you can make perfect surfaces for low number repop parts. Only the two-colour scheme would be a Problem.

Eg.g this part a friend of mine did is 4 cm

2350.jpg

I think the lamps are made out of 2 parts, the coloured head and the clear cylinder for the lamp holder.
    Member # 3533

Porsche tractor 218S
    Porsche 911SC 1978
    Porsche 911SC 1983
    Porsche 996 2001

Dash lights

I would like to share a little about the dash lights that I purchased long ago from the factory racing department... I don't have the light bulb sockets, but as far as i can tell, the plastic body of the warning light is clear plastic, injection molded, the color is some type of transparent paint added on to the clear plastic dome, from the outside, texture is molded around the dome's outer ring on the outside, and the center spot (10mm dia.) is smooth... 2 copper tabs which I removed from the orange light are shown next to it, they hold the light in the dash. The hole in the dash is the same shape as the back of the warning light...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ernie W
    member of Early 911S Registry