Thread: '66 Wiring Harness...who is making them?

'66 Wiring Harness...who is making them?

Anyone have a lead on who is making a full reproduction/new wiring harnesses for a '66? I have already spoken w/YnZ's...any others??

Glenn

Kabel Konfection - Germany

Kroon Wiring Harnesses - Netherlands

Autosparks - UK

The Wiring Harness Company - UK

We have made 5 complete looms for 65/66 cars so far this year all manufactured using modern thinwall cable and correct colour codes but so far only on a supply and fit basis.

Rhode Island Wiring can probably make you one, long lead time. I asked them to do one for my Webasto, was like three months, so I made it myself.

Why not see if you can score a good used one? $3000 or so for new.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Quote Originally Posted by 304065 View Post
    Why not see if you can score a good used one? $3000 or so for new.
    Wow, we have been selling them for 50% of this price and Kroon are charging around $2000.

Maybe we should make some more

Our experience has been that the old looms have wires that are very badly deteriorated and if you cut them back there is significant corrosion up to 24" from a cable end. The strands are normally quite green and the insulation is usually quite brittle.

It is also often the case that the original loom has been altered and modified more than once and we recently took 15 lbs of extra wiring and bodges out of the luggage compartment and dash area of a 1979 SC. We spent so long fixing it up that it would have been cheaper to rip it out and put in a complete new loom.

Quote Originally Posted by 19-911-65 View Post
    Anyone have a lead on who is making a full reproduction/new wiring harnesses for a '66? I have already spoken w/YnZ's...any others??

Glenn
    If you are in Europe you can check w/ wocheslander in Germany. I think that these days they are like 1200 euro and are good quality. They do need your grey female connectors if you want it stock / OEM.

Richard

http://www.wiring-harness-wocheslander.com/ehome.html Here is their link. I have communicated with them & seems their swb set was around 1600.00 usd.? Custom made.....Cliff

Thanks for the info guys! I appreciate it! My son has an office in Germany, so trading in Europe is not an issue. He ordered and paid for a complete harness 3 months ago from a firm in Germany, they have yet to deliver, thus our inquiry...;-( The harness that came out of our car was working fine when removed. With the "while we are in there" syndrome we feel it is best to replace it now and have even considered making one our self. The one quote I received here state side was 2K...so I guess that is the bench mark so far.

Chris: If you will email/PM me with info for your harnesses: lead time, base cost etc.
    Richard: Thanks for the info and I have enjoyed following many of your post on the early cars!
    Cliff: Thanks for the web-site!!

For more info, just contact me on info@kroonwireharnesses.com or have a look at our website www.kroonwireharnesses.com. We can make them anyway you want us to, and price is very much depending on whats included. Only a main or fore harness will be a lot cheaper. Furthermore you could decide to connect to fusebox yourself or re-use the old one. Short delivery time. Worldwide shipping!

gerakroo, will be semding an email, nice web site. Do you guys do any 72 or is it just pre 70 models?
    San

53 Pre A, 65 356
    70 914/6 GT
    65 912, 67 911
    71 911 Targa,72 E Tara, 73 911 Targa
    70 911 S,71 911 S,70 911 T,
    71 911 T, 72 911 E ,73 911 T
    74 911 Coupe
    74 911 Targa
    1972 RennSport Bus

Early Reg # 771

Hi San, yes we also do 70 > models, no problem,currently no such harness "on the shelf" will await your email, best regards from Holland.