Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Join this club...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb Join this club...

At last month’s Registry meeting we noted we had the biggest one month jump in new registered message board users at about 450 in 28 days… that’s not counting all the spam I nuked. That’s about 16 new registered message board users every day!!!!!!!!!. In that same 28 day period we got about 20 new paid members to this club….. I just don’t get it.........

- Is the welcome prompt (to join the club) not getting through?
    - Do new message board users NOT think this information resource is worth 2/3rds of one tank of gas a year?............

Join this club…

And support the club that brings you this message board.

Join this club…
    And get 4 issues a year of the ESSES, one of the best club news magazines in the country.

Join this club…
    And get a PDF of the S Registry’s roster… the club’s data base with all car info members are willing to publish.

Join this club…

And get discounts on club merchandise, a club decal (more of these are being displayed in Early 911 windows all other the world), and your own membership number that you can proudly post in your message board signature.

The four of us are trying to do our best to run and maintain the very best Early 911 information resource in the world…. And publish an outstanding magazine four times a year… We feel it’s only fair for you to support the club that’s bringing it all to you…….

Man, I hate doing these plugs………. But the time has come again for your support……

Please become a paid member of the Early 911S Registry, and if you need to renew (your expiration date is clearly written on the address label of your ESSES.) do it now…
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...125-membership

Please join this club….

Thanks,
    The S Registry
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 09-11-2012 at 06:34 PM.
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Chuck,

May I ask - how many on using the site? How many are paid users?

David
    David

1972 911T Targa
    1993 964 RSA #14
    Early S Registry #1799
    PAID MEMBER 2016-17

Can you adjust some settings so maybe pictures for example are only viewable to paid members? Or only pg 1 of a thread. Just a thought....

It's worth being a paid up member , i feel guilty otherwise ... anyone who is selling newly manufactured parts here should at least be a paying member if not a paying advertiser . which reminds me chuck i need to pay for some ad's in the mag
    John Gausden
    Auckland, New Zealand

(shipping carson,CA)
    Early911nz.org
    ST-Classic.com
    ST-Classic Facebook
    "Funding my obsession one nut at a time"

For early 911s, it is undoubtedly the best club in the world.

Yet, the forum still needs a 10 minute allowance on re-posting without an edit...
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Quote Originally Posted by luke-44 View Post
    Can you adjust some settings so maybe pictures for example are only viewable to paid members?
    I like this idea… not too restrictive but it still gives a nudge to join.
    Last edited by clesch; 09-12-2012 at 06:24 AM.

I believe we should DEFINITELY make this forum a paid forum....at least partially.
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Early S Registry #2075
    I wasn't even aware you could use this resource without being a paid supporter. Pay to play . . . there is no free lunch.

Paid Member # 1991
    Quote Originally Posted by luke-44 View Post
    Can you adjust some settings so maybe pictures for example are only viewable to paid members? Or only pg 1 of a thread. Just a thought....
    Agreed. There isn't any real incentive to being a paying member over a registered member, if the primary thing you are looking for is information. I like the quarterly magazine and the sticker I get in the mail once a year, but I'm really in it for the fantastic information resource, becoming aware that parts I am seeking are available for purchase, and the "networking opportunity" with like-minded folks. I'd like to think that every once in a while I have something of value to contribute

I view the subscription cost as both an entertainment and tuition expense, understanding that actual resources (i.e. $$ from somewhere) are required to keep the thing running. In fairness, I went about a year without paying for this service because I didn't have to. Unfortunately, conscience alone is not a sufficent motivator for everyone.

- MR
    Last edited by MountainRoads; 09-12-2012 at 06:57 AM.

Done, glad to have this forum, paid up.
    Frederic D - #2405
    Cogita Mori - Vivere Disce
    Betty '72T, 3.0L PMOs, STRish body.