Hi all,
I have been joining few weeks ago and after a very short while, I decided to become a paid member, why ? Because Early911s is different, there are so many forums on Porsche and cars in general, so many crappy stuff in these forums with tons of adds poping up to yoour face, fake answers and most of them are claiming for money to become A Member.
I am one of those who is playing with the IT since 30 years, and have seen many IRC, ICU, BBS, etc..
This forum is really different from the others, it is unique, beleive me. I laught at loud when reading some responses, and had teardrops while reading in the last ESSE article about the Brown 911S.
There is acommunity of passionate here, people living their passion without taking care of what other thinks. It is a breath of oxygen in our everyday life.

So yes, money is needed. will you pay for a forum without trying it ? Registered members would need to try before. Do not forget that many of the users do not meet each others, which may explain. The physical meetings make you feel you belong to somme real community. Even in 2012, we are still human being.

That said, I like the idea of a trial for non paid member (view one page only per topic) and the sales/research for paid member only. I am not a fan of putting adverts on this site.

One more thing, I still cannot beleive I am one of yours :-) I am proud of it.
Xavier