Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Join this club...

I just happily renewed my membership for the 3rd time! Not long compared to many people here, but it has been a joy.
    Serge

City of Ben Franklin and Cheesesteaks
    Instagram: Truevisionmediaworks

Early S Registry #2457
    Daisy: 1972 T with 2.7 engine and Webers
    LOOKING FOR 911 Engine # 6123044

Rowlf: 2017 Volvo S60 with Polestar Optimization

Mostro di Biscotti: 1975 Lancia Fulvia 1.3S Series 2

Veronica: 1987 Carrera coupe - curves in all the right places...SOLD
    Lil' Blue: 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon SOLD

Joined the club on Saturday after reading in the forum for a while. Thank you for all the information and all the wonderfull pictures of your 911s.

Thumbs up

Welcome Oliver, and thanks for the support..............
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Chuck, out of curiosity, can you tell us home many registered users there are and how many paid members?

Thanks
    Henry

Lightbulb

Chuck, out of curiosity, can you tell us home many registered users there are and how many paid members?
    Henry,

The number of registered message board members/users is posted and updated close to bottom of the Forum's front page. As of right now they are 22,374 registered message board members. At any given time you can see who's on the site as a registered member and as a 'guest'. A guest is someone who can look at what's going on without being able to contribute or view pictures. We usually track about 3 to 1 guests to registered members. Right now there is 126 registered members and 413 guests viewing the board.... remember this is a public forum.

Out of the ever increasing registered message board members (and, of course, not counting 3 times as many guests) we are lucky if we track roughly 6% of that as paid Registry club members....

Hope this answers your question...

Please join this club..........
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    Henry,

The number of registered message board members/users is posted and updated close to bottom of the Forum's front page. As of right now they are 22,374 registered message board members. At any given time you can see who's on the site as a registered member and as a 'guest'. A guest is someone who can look at what's going on without being able to contribute or view pictures. We usually track about 3 to 1 guests to registered members. Right now there is 126 registered members and 413 guests viewing the board.... remember this is a public forum.

Out of the ever increasing registered message board members (and, of course, not counting 3 times as many guests) we are lucky if we track roughly 6% of that as paid Registry club members....

Hope this answers your question...

Please join this club..........
    It certainly does, it means that about 2 to 3 % of the people who visit the board pay to maintain it, and provide a free service to the other 97%. I've been a paying member for over 10 years now and find these stats quite upsetting.

This board has become the principal reference for early 911s and the service we provide is quite valuable for a lot of people.

I'm with those who think at least some areas should be restricted to paying members. Maybe not all the forum, but some sections, or posting could be restricted or viewing pictures for example.

Some other boards have taken the route of placing adds, that are only shown to non-paying members. That at least would increase the revenue.

And the bottom line is that anyone (or 99.999%) of those owning or thinking about owning an early 911 can afford the dues with no problem.

Just my 2c.
    Henry

Wouldn't Active Members (2,462) be a better metric to rationalize the precentage of paying members ~55%?
    Last edited by jloucks388; 02-08-2015 at 06:06 PM.
    -Jim

'72 911T
    '02 B5 S4 (RS4 Clone)
    '12 997.2 Turbo Manual
    '19 B9 RS5 (Daily)

Quote Originally Posted by jloucks388 View Post
    Wouldn't Active Members (2,462) be a better metric to rationalize the precentage of paying members ~55%?
    Not sure, a clear definition of what makes an active member would be helpful.

If however most of those active paying members turn out to be payers on a constant basis, year by year, they would be subsidising 50% of the active members of this year plus all the guests, and the same next year, etc. And even though the percentage of paying members to active members is probably closer to your number for any given year, the fact would be that a small number of people, maybe 3 or 4,000 have been paying over the years, while there might have been 50,000 people enjoying the site over that same amount of time.

In my case for example, I have probably been paying for 10 straight years, I am registry member 666. if total members are currently at over 22,000, it means that over the last 10 years close to 22,000 new members have registered. Some relevant information could include how many of those 22,000 new members over the last 10 years have actually paid, how long they paid and how long they remained active (again without knowing exactly what active means).

Chuck can probably provide us with more specific numbers if he decides this is valuable discussion or if it is a nice exercise in futility.
    Henry

Lightbulb Membership options....

Just remind you of all membership options to this club:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/mag...mberships.html

1 - GIFT Membership - To buy a membership for a friend, family member, fellow enthusiast, or whoever.

2. - Membership (New) - As a first membership to our club. (Also a 2 year pay option)

3. - Membership (Renewal) - To renew your active or lapsed membership to our club. (Also a two year pay option)

4. - Membership (Subscription) - To become a new member or renew your membership through an automatic renewal subscription account.

Cheers,
    ESR
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

I've been a member here (registered, unpaid) for a while now. I do most of my reading and posting over on the bird. I've had a 911 (again) for about 3 years. I bought a 71 Targa in 2012 and quickly decided I wasn't a Targa guy. Sold it and picked up a 71 Roller and have spent the last 2 years doing a mechanical restoration. Paint is an old single stage respray. The car had been sitting in a Porsche race shop in St. Louis for 20+ years. The owner had plans to make it into a race car. But I think it never happened because he has several other race cars already. I found a 71 T motor that is rebuilt with E pistons and cams. Zenith carbs. I'm a couple weeks away from putting it on the road for the first time in years.

I've never joined here because, frankly, it seems like it's a little bit too exclusive in some way. Hard to describe, but I felt like an outsider every time I logged in and started reading. Anyway, I figured I'd give it a try and paid for a membership. There is a lot of good info here.

Cheers,

Tom
    Last edited by TommyV; 03-17-2015 at 11:37 AM.