Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Join this club...

Thumbs up New membership and renewal options…

New membership and renewal options…

We have rolled out the first step in up-dating our membership payment options…

You have always had a maximum of 2 year membership if paid by check or credit card and sent, or phone in.

We now have 1 OR 2 year payment options on our on line (Paypal) membership form…….

We also have a recurring payments program for membership renewals
    Paypal will automatically bill you for 20 one year cycles when you
    initially purchase a renewal.... with canceling option.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...125-membership

Holiday Cheers,
    The Early S Registry
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 12-17-2012 at 05:20 AM.
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Prof. of Pending Projects
    I just got an email asking me to join and the email had a link to the magazine. Wow!! That is some quality product you are putting out. Of course I had to sign up immediately!!

A couple of questions: Can I download the magazine? I could read it online only, but do you provide an option to download on pdf so that I can take it and load it to my reader?
    Drive safe!
    Jaime O. Diaz (a.k.a. Wachuko)

1967 - Porsche 912 - Ownership Thread
    1981 - Porsche 911 SC - Transformation to RS
    1983 - Porsche 911 SC - Transformation to 1974 RSR 3.0
    1991 - Porsche 911 C4 Wide-body Cabriolet - Ownership Thread
    1981 - FIAT Spider - Ownership Thread
    2015 - FIAT 500 Abarth
    2015 - FIAT 500c 1957 Edition
    2012 - BMW X5 xDrive35d

Thumbs up

wachuko,

Thanks for your support..... No, we have no online magazine option.

We have sent this new membership reminder, with an older ESSES issue attachment, to let all know the value of becoming a paid member of our club.....

...... we hope it's working.....
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 02-25-2013 at 07:26 AM.
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Prof. of Pending Projects
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    wachuko,

...... we hope it's working.....
    Hehehehe Sure did!!

OK, so the magazine is sent via mail then. Got it. You teaser! Get it on pdf and make it part of the membership for those that prefer a softcopy versus paper. Just a suggestion.

Now, on to continue the search for an early 911 within my budget. Hope to have a vin listed here in my profile in the next two years.
    Drive safe!
    Jaime O. Diaz (a.k.a. Wachuko)

1967 - Porsche 912 - Ownership Thread
    1981 - Porsche 911 SC - Transformation to RS
    1983 - Porsche 911 SC - Transformation to 1974 RSR 3.0
    1991 - Porsche 911 C4 Wide-body Cabriolet - Ownership Thread
    1981 - FIAT Spider - Ownership Thread
    2015 - FIAT 500 Abarth
    2015 - FIAT 500c 1957 Edition
    2012 - BMW X5 xDrive35d

Renewal check in the mail...
    Lee Fishpaw

O Gruppe #20
    Early S Reg #2175
    R Gruppe #714
    '70 914-6
    '88 911
    '85 928S
    '74 260Z
    '74 TR6

Chuck on the on line form I didnt see an option for renewals so I ignored it! I thought it was just a mass mailer for new membership? Jim f
    73 RS HotRod Replica
    90/93 Ruf BTR C-4[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    R Gruppe #373
    Early S Reg. # 1630

Point well taken on the 356 Registry, the value of an open forum I think outweights the restricted viewing by paying members. Great job by the gang of four, wonderful resource....JON #317
    ORE67S

67 911S-SILVER
    65 356SC COUPE -SOLD
    73 914 2.0 YELLOW [74K]
    74 914 1.8 WHITE

Just signed up for two new years

A few comments: I might just be stupid, but I think this message I receive every year is a bit confusing:

Dear Member,
    Your Early S Registry membership has expired. To renew your membership, go to www.early911sregistry.org and click on the current member button on the lower left side of the home page and input your membership number. Your membership number is on your address label. You can renew without your member number by filling out the application. When checking out, register as a guest, if necessary. DO NOT USE OLD USER NAME or PASSWORD. You can also contact Mike Hammond

Why check out as a guest and fill inn all the contact info every time??

Why not just get a message: Sign in to the boutique like you normally do, choose renew membership and proceed to checkout??

I tried this today, but when trying to choose two years international member I got the message: "The maximum quantity allowed is 1" When I finally gave up and proceeded to checkout to pay for one new year, the two year option was there after all. So now I can relax for a long time

Being a paying member is for me a question of integrity. The ESSES is world class, but what I pay for is access to this forum and all the info here that has helped me so much.

The world is changing. When I was a kid, I spent approx 50% of my hard earned cash on LP´s, cassettes and CD, now people just steal music, and I´m not that much better myself.. If people are not getting the good music for free they will just listen to something else...

It is a bit of the same here and you can´t fight that trend even if it is wrong. I try not to judge and some of the most interesting people I have met here are non paying members. If you make things too difficult for those who are not willing to pay, they will just go somewhere else and that is not a good thing. We need all the best people and parts to be here!

BUT: What pisses me off a bit is that it is the paying members responsibility to update their profiles with membership status to show everyone they support the club. I do not understand why it should be allowed to sign up, post enough to be a "senior member" and they stop paying and you will forever have a profile that looks like you are a serious supporting member..

I think all those non paying "senior members" should have their profiles changed to "guests" or "users"

Cheers!
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

Quote Originally Posted by Schiefer View Post
    . . . I think all those non paying "senior members" should have their profiles changed to "guests" or "users". . .
    Hear-hear!

We Can Be Heroes

IMHO - the "Senior Members" are the PAID Members ONLY! As noted above - Everyone else should be users or guest members. You can become a Senior Member with zero postings as long as you pay the annual dues. If you don't pay and you've posted 20 million times - sorry lads you are just a guest or user. I hesitated for a month to renew my dues as I think it's really unfair that 10% of the user base foots the bill for this great site. What made me decide to re-up is the great improvement in the the quarterly magazine. Major step forward and kudos to those responsible - great job. I have been a paid member for 4 years now.

Besides the magazine, I think PAID (e.g - Senior Members) should have extra privileges such as all access to photos, posting of new threads and so on. If you don't pay, OK fine but you can't post to any thread or see photos. Pay to play! It's a lousy $40 and if you own a Porsche you can certainly fork over a few dollars to contribute. Besides if 60 or 70% of the users contributed, dues could be reduced to $20 since there would be a greater over-all income to the Registry.

Cheers!
    David

1972 911T Targa
    1993 964 RSA #14
    Early S Registry #1799
    PAID MEMBER 2016-17