Thread: Wanted: Roof Rack (Original or Reproduction)

Wanted: Roof Rack (Original or Reproduction)

My wife and I are planning a trip and I'd like to take the 911. With the 100L tank in the trunk space is somewhat at a premium, so I'd like to buy a period roof rack. I prefer the version recently recreated by Eric (Auto Foreign Services), but he's currently out of stock. I'm not in a huge rush to find one, but since Ski Roundtop is coming up this weekend I figure if someone has one I could save on the shipping by picking it up there.

Truth be told I'd prefer to leave the NOS and original stuff for someone who cares more about it, and I'm hoping someone has one of Eric's racks that they just don't use and wouldn't mind converting back into cash. I'm not looking for the Amco rack, but this one:

Please PM or email me if you've got one you'd like to part with. 1967SWB@gmail.com

Cheers,
    Mike

Just Bare in mind they scratch your rain gutters.been there done that.

thanks
    Marge

CEO of the Best early 911 parts store in Southern California

www.Schnellautosports.com

IBMIKED
    Where are you located? I think I have one of Eric's.... I bought it a year ago. It's black. I had planned to use it to carry stuff for track days, and I changed my mind.
    Dave
    "Speed never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that's what get's you."

1973 Austin Mini
    1975 911S 3.2 "the blue goose"
    1973 911E sunroof 3.2

Thanks Dave, I don't think Eric ever made one in black. I'm in NY but I would really prefer the chrome version if for no reason other than for looks.

Thanks,
    Mike

Hey Mike - John Thompson over on the 912 registty had some pretty nice ones. He has retired form making them but a couple of months ago he still had a couple left.

- Farrell

Thanks Farrell, I actually had one of his racks and it was beautiful. They're reproductions of the Amco rack, and I'm looking for the slightly different version pictured in the first post. Here's John's rack on my '68 912 (now long gone);

I did make one in black.
    John Thompson

1966 912. My first car. Bought it Nov. 25, 1988. Still have it.

I'm hoping to have mine back in stock in the future once my welder and I can come to terms.

Note that I never did make a black one.

In regards to gutter scratches to paint?, not with mine.... the "feet" that go into the gutters are encased in rubber just like the original. The clamps that holds the bracket to the gutter is also covered in rubber. I've had one of mine off and on my car for the last year, and zero scratches.

I hope to update you all soon with good news on stock.

tks,
    Eric

Got one. A gracious member stepped forward and offered me his personal rack, to be replaced when more become available.

Thanks all.
    -M

Auckland, New Zealand. And Los Angeles, USA.
    Was at Sierra Madre Collection last week, Jorge has one in the showroom if anyone needs one urgently.
    Kiwi
    1972 911S
    1967 912
    1959 356A Conv D
    Early S Registry # 306