Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best fiberglass 911R bumpers and fenders?

Best fiberglass 911R bumpers and fenders?

Did a search and only came up with one thread from 4 years ago. I would probably be going with front and rear bumpers, front fenders, and tail lights. Anyone have experience with any of these parts? I've seen some from TRE, Getty, GT Racing, etc. I have a feeling a lot of this comes from the same factory. Are any better than the others?

Thanks

Prof. of Pending Projects

Quote Originally Posted by ETW View Post
    Did a search and only came up with one thread from 4 years ago. I would probably be going with front and rear bumpers, front fenders, and tail lights. Anyone have experience with any of these parts? I've seen some from TRE, Getty, GT Racing, etc. I have a feeling a lot of this comes from the same factory. Are any better than the others?

Thanks
    My RSR project...GT Racing parts. Many, many hours of work to make them fit right.... They don't come from the same factory, at least not the ones from GT Racing. While in Colorado Springs, I stopped by the GT Racing shop and saw some of the molds...

You left out MA Shaw from your list.

I would call Dave @ TRE..

Here is the link to my project: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...t-2-build.html
    Last edited by wachuko; 09-20-2012 at 07:35 PM.

I was quite pleased with the ones I got from Dave at TRE. Very nice workmanship and not too much fussing with the fit.( you're always going to do some!)

Having used alot of fiberglass, I make my best effort to let people know to stay AWAY from GT Racing fiberglass. It has been the worst stuff I have ever worked with. Bumper mounts 2.5 inches off center, damaged fiberglass pre shipped that Hank never even bothered to call me back on (years ago).
    So in a word, stay far away from GT Racing stuff.

Personally, Getty and MA Shaw was great stuff. I prefer Getty. That stuff is really nice.
    Thanks,
    Chad
    911ST Race Car w/2.5L SS race motor.
    1972 911 T- Original numbers car- restoring it
    2016 Elan NP01 Prototype Chassis #20; Car Number #02
    2011 Porsche Spyder Wht/Blk/ Carbon Fiber Buckets (Sold)
    Powered by Faragallah (Aase Motors)

My experience with GT Racing was very poor. The rear bumper I ordered didn't make it to the shop without the mounts dropping off - they dropped off because they were very poorly bonded. The bumper had to be completely redone.
    1972 911 Narrow-Body Group 4 Project - On The Road.

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    D. Moris from France, is doing the best kit ever, they fit just right and quality is very good. Have a look, Web site in English :
    http://www.dmoris-styling.com/eng/

Xavier
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Banned
    D. Moris looks like nice stuff but his catalogue doesn't show 911R pieces?
    Any U.S. distributors for his parts?

Check with M.A. Shaw. I'm not certain if he makes R parts, but I jhave bought his RS and RSR parts for several cars and will deal with no one else. Just be prepared that ANY firberglass part will take some work. I have just found that Shaws take the least. Typically a bit of shaving on some edges and a few pinholes in the gelcoat is all I have run into. Getty would be my second choice but I'm not familiar with Moris
    1973 911 RSR clone..... to be

"And pretty soon you're grabbing gears like they are ten thousand dollar bills."

http://www.kahikocustoms.com/auto-projects

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    D. Moris looks like nice stuff but his catalogue doesn't show 911R pieces?
    Any U.S. distributors for his parts?
    I can contact them, and check out. stay tuned.

I have also ordered a complete set from RosePassion : www.rosepassion.com

X
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407