Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodwood Revival 2013

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar

Fees and informations

I have received the fees for GoodWood Revival meeting 2013.
    GW Reviavl Meeting 2013.jpg

I will renew my membership this week end and we will need to order our tickets asap.
    Will post later today what tickets we should buy.

Cheers
    Xavier
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

I hope I'm included in the group of 5 interested guys...
    Jean-pierre SERRE or John Player Special?
    Early911S mbr# 2422
    1970 911ST "Rallye" a little bit optimized for tracks

Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    I hope I'm included in the group of 5 interested guys...
    Oh que oui Jean-Pierre !
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Hi All,

As a GRRC membeer who has attended ther Revival 6 times in the last 7 years I would like to make a few comments that I hope are not redundant. Tickets went on sale yesterday and many of the best seats in reserved grandstands are already sold. The Chicane grandstand, which is for GRRC members only, will probably be sold out this week. I do not know how your group plans on attneding the Revival but going as a GRRC member has many advantages, with full paddock access one of the best. If you renew as a family GRRC member then you can buy 4 tickets and get 4 paddock passes, which to my way of thinking makes a huge difference in participating in the event. Get Chicane grandstand seats for 1 or 2 days and you have one of the best views and a jumbotron screen to watch action all the way around the track. Of course you can also just buy general admission tickets and take folding chairs an enjoy the race extremely well as many viewing locations are mere feet from the track. I also highly recommend spending at least on day at Lavant corner as it has both a jumbotron screen and perhaps the widest field of vision for watching the cars than any other spot on the track.

Several years ago I renewed my GRRC membership as a family one and got 4 tickets and paddocK passes for the Revival. My wife and i took 2 early 911S Registry members with us to the Revival and they had an absolute blast.

If you are not planning on sitting in Chicane than there is probably no hurry in ordering grandstand seats as most are roaming seats without specific seats identified. Given the weather the last few years having grandstand seats insures you do not get wet when it rains.

I have had a number of conversations with James McNoughton, secretary of GRRC, over the last eight years, and have created my plan for seeing most all the Revival has to offer given that one only has 3 days and they keep adding new venues each year.

Also, if the budget allows, make reservations for dinner one night at the Kennels resturant as the food and ambience is terrific. It is a GRRC members only resturant and is maybe 1 mile from the track.

Try to get hotel reservation by Dec. if possible as there is limited accomodations near the track. I have some ideas if you have problems so don't hesitate to contact me.

And lastly and most importantly, GO IN PERIOD DRESS!! an estimated 70% of attendee dress in 40's - 60's attire and you will really feel part of the experience if you do also.

al kuresman,, GRRC 21514

Quote Originally Posted by laneranch View Post
    Hi All,

As a GRRC membeer who has attended ther Revival 6 times in the last 7 years I would like to make a few comments that I hope are not redundant. Tickets went on sale yesterday and many of the best seats in reserved grandstands are already sold. The Chicane grandstand, which is for GRRC members only, will probably be sold out this week. I do not know how your group plans on attneding the Revival but going as a GRRC member has many advantages, with full paddock access one of the best. If you renew as a family GRRC member then you can buy 4 tickets and get 4 paddock passes, which to my way of thinking makes a huge difference in participating in the event. Get Chicane grandstand seats for 1 or 2 days and you have one of the best views and a jumbotron screen to watch action all the way around the track. Of course you can also just buy general admission tickets and take folding chairs an enjoy the race extremely well as many viewing locations are mere feet from the track. I also highly recommend spending at least on day at Lavant corner as it has both a jumbotron screen and perhaps the widest field of vision for watching the cars than any other spot on the track.

Several years ago I renewed my GRRC membership as a family one and got 4 tickets and paddocK passes for the Revival. My wife and i took 2 early 911S Registry members with us to the Revival and they had an absolute blast.

If you are not planning on sitting in Chicane than there is probably no hurry in ordering grandstand seats as most are roaming seats without specific seats identified. Given the weather the last few years having grandstand seats insures you do not get wet when it rains.

I have had a number of conversations with James McNoughton, secretary of GRRC, over the last eight years, and have created my plan for seeing most all the Revival has to offer given that one only has 3 days and they keep adding new venues each year.

Also, if the budget allows, make reservations for dinner one night at the Kennels resturant as the food and ambience is terrific. It is a GRRC members only resturant and is maybe 1 mile from the track.

Try to get hotel reservation by Dec. if possible as there is limited accomodations near the track. I have some ideas if you have problems so don't hesitate to contact me.

And lastly and most importantly, GO IN PERIOD DRESS!! an estimated 70% of attendee dress in 40's - 60's attire and you will really feel part of the experience if you do also.

al kuresman,, GRRC 21514
    Many thanks Al.
    THe thing is most of the people that plan to attend the Meerint are not GRRC members. As a member myself I will not feel confortable to take GRRC advantages and let my pals alone.
    It will be the first time there, I would be so grateful if you could provide us ( you may MP me) accomodations address.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Reading your advices dear laneranch I wonder if the best is not to become a member before to try to attend this fantastic meeting!
    Jean-pierre SERRE or John Player Special?
    Early911S mbr# 2422
    1970 911ST "Rallye" a little bit optimized for tracks

I understand you not wanting to see the event differently from your friends but the paddock advantage given GRRC members is huge for gear heads. If you had a family membership you could get 4 people in the paddock at once and do a revolving act later.

Becoming a member before the event is not possible as there is a 2,500 wait list and an estimated 3 year wait to join. I waited about 3 years to become a member.

Quote Originally Posted by laneranch View Post
    Becoming a member before the event is not possible as there is a 2,500 wait list and an estimated 3 year wait to join. I waited about 3 years to become a member.
    Same, took nearly 3 years.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

If I was going this year as a non GRRC member (which what you plan on doing) then I would but these tickets; Fri. and Sun.- Woodcote grandstand and Sat. would be Lavant corner grandstand roving. If the group budget does not allow for grandstand seating then buy a entrance ticket for the weekend and you are done. As we have watched racing with very heavy rain i would recommned the grandstand seats if at all possible. In Chicane get seats in row G, H or I and seat numbers above 60 or 70 i.e. high seat numbers. this will put you high enough to have a great view of the Woodcoote corner and far far down toward the chicane grandstand so you are both almost next to the chicane on the track and close enough to possible see the jumbotron screen. Being next to the chicane, which really squeezes the cars together, offers some of the best action on the track. Being out at Lavant corner gives you the best field of vision on the course and it also has a jumbotron screen to watch cars all the way around the track. A lot of cars go off the track in front of you at Lavant and many also go off at Saint Mary's which you can see clearly from lavant corner.

Woodcote grandstand is more than twice the size of chicane so they will assuredly have good seats if you order next year.

Start line is OK especially on Friday as all the cars run in 15-16 races on Friday so you can see them line up on the track - usually 32-33 cars on the starting grid - but the field of vision is small and they go by pretty fast.

My wife talks to her mother in the UK for hours every week, rates are cheap, so feel free to call me if you want more detail.
    Hope this helps.
    al