Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Goodwood Revival 2013

Thank you very much laneranch Now I'm sure that our friend Xavier will be able to plan a very attractive week-end in Goodwood thanks to your experience! Even if we are not members...
    Jean-pierre SERRE or John Player Special?
    Early911S mbr# 2422
    1970 911ST "Rallye" a little bit optimized for tracks

One more thing I want to add to those of you who will be buying tickets. If you plan on attending in a vintage car, one that is pre 1966, then you should/must apply for a parking sticker for the pre 1966 parking lot. The pre 66 lot is ideally located close to the entrance to the track and next to the Bonhams auction tent. Bonhams has a very high end auction every Revival and if you go to the tent after the auction you can see all the cars - those that sold and those still for sale.

Now as I fly to Goodwood from the USA taking a vintage car has never been an option so i am not sure how it is handled - if you can get the parking pass when you order tickets or later on. Anyway, the pre 66 parking lot lot is huge and will have 400+ vintage cars to look at. My wife and I visit the pre 66 lot every time as the number and quality of cars is incredible. this year i was amazed at the number of German license plates in the lot.
    al

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    So here we are, sorry for having got back to you earlier.

GOODWOOD EVENTS
    After reading the very precious experience sharing from Al (lanerach - thank so much !) here are the resume of what to book (please hurry):
    https://ticketing.goodwood.com/buyti...odrevival.aspx

One Weekend adult admission at 125 Sterling
    One Friday adult ticket for Grandstand Woodcoot at 74 Sterling (take row G/H numbers between 60/70)
    One Sunday adult ticket for Grandstand Woodcoot at 74 Sterling (take row G/H numbers between 60/70)
    One Saturday adult ticket for Lavant & Fordwater Roving at 54 Sterling

One pre-order programme at 12 Sterling

You may book the car park ticket as well.

I will go myself for camp site, and will book a space at camp site for 4 persons (non electric). If anyone wants to share the space (not the tent :-)

For the meals, there are meal voucher available, up to you.

Transportation
    From France (Calais), Eurotunnel will be the best, fatest and cheapest solution to go there with your car, about 65 Euros return.
    you may book at http://www.eurotunnel.com/fr/home/

I will take my car to go there for sure.

Cheers
    Xavier
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Xavier,

Thanks for the update. it looks like you booked tickets as I would have done in your circumstances. Wish i was going but not next year. I have a lead on a possible hotel only 7 miles from the track. Do you want me to make an inquiry or does the camping option work for you?

Did you book 2 tickets as GRRC member and also ask for paddock passes?This is critical as the paddock is a must see.

al

Goodwood Revival

goodwoodtrack20001.pdf
    Xavier,

Attached is the timetable for this years Revival. Next years will be very similar and will give you an idea on how and where to fit all the things to see in the 3 days you are there. since the event is 10 months away you have lots of time. But remember that it will be very crowded and it will take time to get around the course and grounds. I think you will want to do many of the following;

visit the paddock ( you should have to paddock passes so the group can alternate??)
    visit the pre 66 parking lot and Bonhams auction tent
    visit the vendors ( about 180 vendors this year)
    visit aviation display
    visitearls court motor show
    visit closing awards - a must see in my opinion

the key to doing all this and not missing much of the racing is to plan ahead. for example, my wife and I are not motorcycle fans, so we always miss the motorcycle racing (Barry Sheen races0 and do other things. There are also some short cuts to getting ariound the track that we can discuss. But there is 10 months to plan all this.
    al

Quote Originally Posted by laneranch View Post
    goodwoodtrack20001.pdf
    Xavier,

Attached is the timetable for this years Revival. Next years will be very similar and will give you an idea on how and where to fit all the things to see in the 3 days you are there. since the event is 10 months away you have lots of time. But remember that it will be very crowded and it will take time to get around the course and grounds. I think you will want to do many of the following;

visit the paddock ( you should have to paddock passes so the group can alternate??)
    visit the pre 66 parking lot and Bonhams auction tent
    visit the vendors ( about 180 vendors this year)
    visit aviation display
    visitearls court motor show
    visit closing awards - a must see in my opinion

the key to doing all this and not missing much of the racing is to plan ahead. for example, my wife and I are not motorcycle fans, so we always miss the motorcycle racing (Barry Sheen races0 and do other things. There are also some short cuts to getting ariound the track that we can discuss. But there is 10 months to plan all this.
    al
    Al, you are a friend ! Merci beaucoup !
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Xavier,

You will not receive your tickets until next april I would think. Once you have the tickets and when they have released more information - special tribute, cars featured, drivers etc, then we may want to have a discussion on ways to maximize your visit. Meanwhile you can view the track layout at
    http://www.goodwood.co.uk/revival/ev...ctive-map.aspx

also the main web page for the event is http://www.goodwood.co.uk/revival/welcome.aspx

The only other thing i want you and your friends to do is to put together some period costumes so you will feel in tune with most of the attendees. Need not be expensive or complicated. Many guys wear mechanic coveralls.

al

Xavier,

You will not receive your tickets until next april I would think. Once you have the tickets and when they have released more information - special tribute, cars featured, drivers etc, then we may want to have a discussion on ways to maximize your visit. Meanwhile you can view the track layout at
    http://www.goodwood.co.uk/revival/ev...ctive-map.aspx

also the main web page for the event is http://www.goodwood.co.uk/revival/welcome.aspx

The only other thing i want you and your friends to do is to put together some period costumes so you will feel in tune with most of the attendees. Need not be expensive or complicated. Many guys wear mechanic coveralls.

al
    Wearing period costumes is the least we can do to thank you. Will send few pics for sure :-)

A link to get period clothes :
    http://www.cockpit-boutique.com/vete...n-suixtil.html
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Folks, hereafter waht I have ordered today :

Description
    MULTI DAY - 13/09/2013 - REVIVAL 2013 - ENTRY (AD -GRRC ADULT)
    MULTI DAY - 13/09/2013 - REVIVAL 2013 - PADDOCK PASS 1
    MULTI DAY - 13/09/2013 - REVIVAL 2013 - PROGRAMME VOUCHER (AD - GRRC ADULT)

SAT 14/09/2013 - REVIVAL 2013 - CEDAR SUITE BUFFET 1
    SUN 15/09/2013 - REVIVAL 2013 - CEDAR SUITE BUFFET 1
    FRI 13/09/2013 - REVIVAL 2013 - CEDAR SUITE BUFFET 1

FRI 13/09/2013 - REVIVAL 2013 - CHICANE RESERVED GRANDSTAND (+ ALL OTHER STANDS) (AD - GRRC ADULT)
    SAT 14/09/2013 - REVIVAL 2013 - LAVANT & FORDWATER ROVING GRANDSTAND (AD - GRRC ADULT)
    SUN 15/09/2013 - REVIVAL 2013 - WOODCOTE

Cheers
    Xavier
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Xavier,

Thanks for the update. it looks like you booked tickets as I would have done in your circumstances. Wish i was going but not next year. I have a lead on a possible hotel only 7 miles from the track. Do you want me to make an inquiry or does the camping option work for you?

Did you book 2 tickets as GRRC member and also ask for paddock passes?This is critical as the paddock is a must see.

al
    Al,
    I beleive I have ordered 1 paddock passe (which is free) from the online booking (for GRRC member only).
    Camping work for me if I can park my car beside. I will enquire. not ordered yet the camp site space.
    Cheers
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407