Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I want to buy a E30 M3

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    Meanwhile ---- enjoy your choices
    I wish there were more choices, lately any car under 100k miles seems to be snapped up without a PPI right away-and I am prowling so pretty much as soon as the ad is placed I call only to find deposits taken etc. Plenty of cars like the ones you say to avoid; track rats, s52 engine swaps, no vin tags and a ton of salvage cars but even those are now $18k and up!

I don't mind rebuilding an engine, would prefer it as then you know it is done right, but I don't want to be in one of these $35k, I would rather be in a longhood for that or another 964 AND enough left over for a European vacation. These are great cars as sleepers but maybe prices have risen too fast and too high, I think the "smart" money has started to buy them up.

The prices for S 911s and now Es as well seems to have lifted quite a few boats, the E30 M3 and M1 have doubled in a year so maybe the ship has sailed and I can start hunting for the next sleeper: Renault 5 Turbo 2?

how about this e36 m-car? a lot of cool factor and cheap:
    http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...very-rare.html
    Jim

__________________________________________________ ___________
    Early S Registry #2359

1970 Porsche 911 Rally 2.4
    2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Thanks but the bride had a E 30 back in the day and that is what we've been looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbeverlyhills View Post
    Thanks but the bride had a E 30 back in the day and that is what we've been looking for.
    That just triggered a memory. Of once being in school near Houston temporarily, and a girl in junior high arriving at school in her brand new e30 M3 2 days after turning 16....

haha, the bride is English from London so a different girl but I guess the dads had great taste eh? I know my father in law drove it whenever he could.

Rick, sent you an email......

Meanwhile in Europe, you can find something decent at 18 KEuro (no affiliation) http://www.autoscout24.eu/Details.as...71965290000000
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Biancaneve View Post
    . . . in Europe, you can find something decent at 18 KEuro . . .
    Pretty car

215 hp = Evolution II? = no DoT or EPA releases

PitA to Federalize . . . requires catalyst, door beams, US instrumentation, lights + side-markers, seat-belt + ignition interlock, ad nauseum, then misc testing + inspection . . . and don't forget posting the bond + 90 days to convert + comply or . . . re-export or crush

Then you gotta title + register it. Good luck w/ that in CA

Fun, fun fun

And did I mention the shipping + insurance from Europe?

Est = ~$25k . . . . + cost of vehicle + shpg + ins + bond

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    Pretty car

215 hp = Evolution II? = no DoT or EPA releases

PitA to Federalize . . . requires catalyst, door beams, US instrumentation, lights + side-markers, seat-belt + ignition interlock, ad nauseum, then misc testing + inspection . . . and don't forget posting the bond + 90 days to convert + comply or . . . re-export or crush

Then you gotta title + register it. Good luck w/ that in CA

Fun, fun fun

And did I mention the shipping + insurance from Europe?

Est = ~$25k . . . . + cost of vehicle + shpg + ins + bond
    Ok, ok, clear enough ...
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Euro M3s

Quote Originally Posted by Biancaneve View Post
    . . . Ok, ok, clear enough . . .
    Sorry-sorry --- don't mean to be a kill-joy . . . but a regular US-market car can be built-up as well/better/WAY better for a lot less time/trouble/$$$ than for what it would take to bring in a non-US-Market one

People've done it . . . but usually for the more exotic versions . . . like Cabrios and Sport Evos. I wanted to be one of them

I sold a Real M3 to get my Porsche . . . but before that, I actually researched the conversion/certification process. Sport Evo, no 'roof, AC delete, cloth, crank windows, 600 built. But prices for those cars were taking-off, even then --- ~$50-60k, just for the nasty car, so . . .

. . . any conversation about bringing over a non-US-market Real M3? . . .

. . . scratches another itch

Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes