Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: I want to buy a E30 M3

Definitely a shwing factor but for all the money I would prefer a lower miles car with some remaining patina. East coast cars are pretty fugly underneath too, all the belts, hoses and nuts are fused from the weather.

I have been out of the market working lately but all of the cars I passed on earlier now look like great cars especially for the money being asked at the time.

E30 BMW M3: Most Overhyped Classic?

Interesting commentary on the e30 M3. Owners of the Salmon Silver/Cardinal red '88 M3 on BaT for $28.5K (mentioned in post #70) say it sold very quickly at full price and they had many backup offers.

Going, Going . . .

. . . gooooooooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing . . .

19000 built, too. Love these cars --- but the asking-prices for low-mileage ones? . . . . .

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...65538947&Log=0

Yikes!

(Not mine)

Still, if you've been thinking about getting one . . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

Shift Knob Maker
    I think I would rather have one of these...

http://bringatrailer.com/2014/09/18/...1969-bmw-2002/

Mark..

Quote Originally Posted by 76911S View Post
    I think I would rather have one of these...

http://bringatrailer.com/2014/09/18/...1969-bmw-2002/

Mark..
    So would I!!!

I picked up a real 1969 2002 Alpina from the factory in Buchloe near Munich. Flares and chairs, 5 spd, Webbers, the front was all lights. My father couldn't make it last minute so I flew over and drove back to our house in London; got a ticket for hanging out in the passing lane (5 Marks on the spot) and the dining room all to myself on the ferry in a near gale.

Phenomenal car but I was too young and inexperienced to wring it out, something proved to me quite forcibly by the test lap I had with the Alpina factory driver. A humorless youngish man who said nothing, grumpy because Herr Bovenseipen insisted he finish the last few hours on his racing contract before heading for Formula 3, he nonetheless came alive once the car was rolling and completely cured my nascent dream of being a "race car driver"; Niki Lauda.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbeverlyhills View Post
    So would I!!!

I picked up a real 1969 2002 Alpina from the factory in Buchloe near Munich. Flares and chairs, 5 spd, Webbers, the front was all lights. My father couldn't make it last minute so I flew over and drove back to our house in London; got a ticket for hanging out in the passing lane (5 Marks on the spot) and the dining room all to myself on the ferry in a near gale.

Phenomenal car but I was too young and inexperienced to wring it out, something proved to me quite forcibly by the test lap I had with the Alpina factory driver. A humorless youngish man who said nothing, grumpy because Herr Bovenseipen insisted he finish the last few hours on his racing contract before heading for Formula 3, he nonetheless came alive once the car was rolling and completely cured my nascent dream of being a "race car driver"; Niki Lauda.

great story......but was it Niki?....I may be confused.

Any pics of car???

here is a project of mine:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry to intervene, but back in the days Alpina was still at Kaufbeuren not Buchloe.
    tmp.jpg