Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 9112100876

shots of it when it came out for the Targa California, a very fast car as I recall.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Rob Abbott

None of these cars "sit" very well. Especially if fuel is left in the system. CIS cars do not tolerate water contamination at all. It was a problem that I experienced back in the early 80's 1st hand. We used to use "dry gas" additive which is alcohol based and "pulled" the water out of the system. CIS is the simplest of all of the systems and works quite well. 1 adjustment, 1 moving part.

Make sure the tank is 100% clean and free of debris. Change the fuel filter. Change the oil and filter. Apply racing fuel (or Avgas) liberally (in the clean tank) along with an upper engine valve/injector toxin.

Italian tune up: Run the living hell out of it. Repeat repeatedly until you are satisfied or the gendarme catch you.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Quote Originally Posted by Digital K View Post
    Many many (im sure you guys can help point out a few more) things are wrong with the car. Wrong bumpers. Wrong deck lid. Wrong seats. Wrong carpet. Wrong dash trim. Wrong driving lights. Wrong wheels. Wrong mirrors. Wrong Wrong Wrong.
    I'll grant you the seats and steering wheel, but "wrong" is somewhat subjective, if the goal of the PO was a nice RS clone, he succeeded. Pretty car with decent color combo... I like it as it was... And I'm sure I'll also like the original car you'll end up with... ;-)
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

Since an opinion is like a lot of parts of the human body that everyone has I don't pay much attention as long as it makes me happy. You'll get more (opinions) "belly buttons, a-holes, ears and noses' than you thought existed. It looked pretty good and I wouldn't throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    It used to look pretty good. The paint is lifting in a spot or two. the front bumper is crooked and hammered. rock chips everywhere. It looks like someone drug a ladder across the front fender and hood. the tint on it is coming off. It says 3M twice right in the middle of the window on the passenger side. Must have been the end of the roll? The radio block off was abs plastic from the craft store? I'm sure it looked pretty dialed in at one point, but over the years has seen some fairly serious neglect mixed with some questionable decisions.

Going for a drive later. will update on the miss. Working on procuring a front bumper and rear lid. Still trying to figure out if I want to strip the car down this winter or not, and not sure how I'll do it.
    Last edited by Kris Clewell; 11-13-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital K View Post
    It used to look pretty good...
    Digital K,

Your perspective is fresh and honest. Most of us start out in some stage of delusion in the first days of ownership. This sort of honesty should lead you to make the right decisions with this car down the road.

Great title for a thread btw... Keep it all going right here in line is my vote
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Digital K,
    If you want to go back to stock, I have a complete 72T engine.....Just saying, how far to you want to go to be correct?
    H

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Weidman View Post
    Digital K,
    If you want to go back to stock, I have a complete 72T engine.....Just saying, how far to you want to go to be correct?
    H
    I dont care for a stock engine. Like I mentioned earlier, theres a difference (to me) between modifying a car to make it something it never will be, and doing period correct tasteful mods. I'm not a serial number guy but I was never a fan of fake badges or anything like that. The ducktail doesnt fit the shape of the car without the flares and the front bumper doesnt work either. My goal for the car is for it to look mostly original with some sweet little hot rod mods. I'm no purist, but I wouldn't buy a fake rolex from a guy in a trenchcoat either.
    Last edited by Kris Clewell; 11-13-2012 at 01:10 PM.

I was kinda pulling your leg to see if you wanted a "stock" car. There is nothing wrong with that either. Just not a good car to put back to stock IMHO.

I think that you'll find the tail and spoiler weren't put on for looks. Drive it a few times at 125+ and you'll see what I mean. I do agree, that they look better with the RS flairs but, that car was very functional with the aero parts on. We built many RS "formula" cars as soon as Porsche sent us the specs (in 72) and it was a good, proven formula, even without the flairs...With that extra power you may be wanting more aero aids..

As a famous person once told me; "There is no different taste.....taste is something you have or don't."
    H
    Last edited by Harvey Weidman; 11-14-2012 at 08:08 AM.

The car that is the subject of this tread was in a photograph as part of an article in the winter 2010 (December) ESSES magazine;
    page 4, "Northeast Cold Toes Tour", photo labeled #6.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548