Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Opinions needed

Hey Frank, they do! It's called the Honor Roll! And at several levels, in our community. And I do have 13 yr old twins and they are on it. It is published in the paper quarterly. This must be a touchy subject for you, are you in the business? The point of my post is that not ALL are gentlemen. Sheesh! There have been plenty of whistles blown here on shoddy business practices in the past. And If I get lit up by one of the businesses using this forum, I will bring it to the group. It seems that you would have the free and open exchange of information constrained by a public code of silence. That would perpetuate the BS. Almost weekly members are asking for references on this or that vendor. I think they are looking for the bad as well as the good. Ratings lists and standards lists are all over financial and industrial business world, useful tools I think. Yeah, I know, caveat emptor. When we started this thing, it was on the notion that a person is only as good as his word, and exchange of information is what we wanted. A foolish thought I guess. BTW I am not a cowboy, I am a sales rep in the ski industry and an Alpinist. Publicly is spelled like that. Have a nice day. Steve ESR#2
    Last edited by steve shea; 12-07-2012 at 08:11 AM.

I would probably like to know who the shop is as well. But I think Frank's point is there are also bad customers, and sometimes these repair shops take hits undeservingly. Just look at the Yelp BS.

Banned
    Steve, I think you missed my point.

I'm not sensitive at all (actually quite the opposite!); our shop enjoys a stellar reputation and our public and online reviews reflect that. BUT if there is a problem it’s simply too easy these days for a customer to go off half cocked without a path of proper resolution being followed.

gsjohnson nailed it: There ARE BAD customers out there. Or it's just a bad fit. (Sometimes they fire us, sometimes we fire them.) Even the finest restaurants have their critics.

Don't even get me started on the Yelp scam.

Ah hah, you are in the business. I got the point!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Steve, I think you missed my point.

I'm not sensitive at all (actually quite the opposite!); our shop enjoys a stellar reputation and our public and online reviews reflect that. BUT if there is a problem it’s simply too easy these days for a customer to go off half cocked without a path of proper resolution being followed.

gsjohnson nailed it: There ARE BAD customers out there. Or it's just a bad fit. (Sometimes they fire us, sometimes we fire them.) Even the finest restaurants have their critics.

Don't even get me started on the Yelp scam.
    + infinity

I actually appreciate the fact that the OP left out names and places out of respect for the parties involved. That shows restraint...
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

nemo me impune lacessit Kris Clewell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    + infinity
    yelp harasses me multiple times a year to participate as a business in their gig.
    -Kris Clewell

Professional photojournalist

red decklid club member #1

Quote Originally Posted by Digital K View Post
    yelp harasses me multiple times a year to participate as a business in their gig.
    Me, too. A customer of mine started my Yelp page so I fleshed it out with pictures and junk. It takes care of itself and I do see quite a bit of late-model business from the site, but I don't actively participate and I would NEVER give them money.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Yelp is a silly way for some to hurt another when it is not deserved. I own a small business and had 2 negative hits on yelp and both were from clients who were in the wrong, but needed to bring the "anger" out.

I did not use this forum to bad mouth the vendor, but to see how others feel. If he does not do the right thing, I will be making his life a bit miserable as he will get some legal letters and I will expose him and his practices to the public. This will at least protect everyone from using his services in the future. If the vendor elects to reply to the thread I post exposing him, I will go to the next level and will copy his emails to the website. They show his full admission about the case cleaning and the bad ring and pinion he alleges he got from his supplier. Those emails will also clearly show his reluctance to accept his mistakes and to act responsibly and fairly.

So, dear vendor if you are reading this, you need to step up and do the right thing soon.
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by denson View Post
    Yelp is a silly way for some to hurt another when it is not deserved. I own a small business and had 2 negative hits on yelp and both were from clients who were in the wrong, but needed to bring the "anger" out.

I did not use this forum to bad mouth the vendor, but to see how others feel. If he does not do the right thing, I will be making his life a bit miserable as he will get some legal letters and I will expose him and his practices to the public. This will at least protect everyone from using his services in the future. If the vendor elects to reply to the thread I post exposing him, I will go to the next level and will copy his emails to the website. They show his full admission about the case cleaning and the bad ring and pinion he alleges he got from his supplier. Those emails will also clearly show his reluctance to accept his mistakes and to act responsibly and fairly.

So, dear vendor if you are reading this, you need to step up and do the right thing soon.
    That's a fair path of resolution.

I have a hunch there won't be any more transmissions going out his door that haven't been thoroughly flushed.

I think that is reasonable. If he does not do the right thing, just a heads up on the board. I could care less about the details or throwing one under the bus in anger. If all efforts toward a resolution fail, then a post. I guess I could've said that in my first post. These guys hang a shingle which holds them as expert but what do we know. BTW Sierra Madre has been great. I made a mistake on an electrical order and they took it back and gave me the correct parts no questions asked. Electrical! There are many more outstanding vendor and service businesses as well. When good happens I'll give a shout out no problem. SS ESR#2