Thread: Events for the new year?

DynoDave

Events for the new year?

As 2012 winds down, it is time to look forward to 2013 and plan some club events. Please post your suggestions or email them to me at davedimaria22@gmail.com. In addition to any Early 911S Regsitry events that we may plan, I would like to extend an open invitation to everyone for our annual open house on Saturday March 23, 2013 at Vintage Car Works in Englewood, CO. This annual event also ties in with the Rocky Mountain Chapter of the 356 Club. Time will be from 9:00 AM till ~ 1:00 PM. We will have food & drink, so please email to let us know if you will attend as this will help us plan to have enough food on hand. Last year we had a great turn out. We did several technical demonstrations showing how to metal finish a panel and how to use lead filler instead of bondo. We hope that our 2013 open house will be the best yet. More details to follow early next year. Also, we will be open and working every Saturday (and probably Sunday's as well) through the end of the year; if you are out and about please feel free to stop by and say hello. The shop address is 3958 S. Kalamath Street, Englewood, CO 80110. Shop Phone - (303) 459-4626. In the meantime, please think about what types of club events you would like participate in during 2013. Thanks.

Best regards,

Dave DiMaria
    Member # 351

Dave,
    What is the chance of hosting a swap meet this year? Conway ran one for years, then Dart Auto did it a while, then two years ago German Motorsports in CS had one...but they do not plan to continue. It would give you a great opportunity to showcase your fine facility and work. Everybody in favor raise their hands...uhm, mine is definitely in the air!
    registry# 1283

DynoDave
    Lars,

Your idea is a good one. It is an idea that I have been thinking about for some time now. What has held me up from posting it is that my shop doesn't have a very big parking lot. But I might be able to use some of my neighbor's parking lot. I will have to wait a week or so to check this out as there is a new trucking business that is in the middle of moving in. In order to help me gauge the interest in holding a swap meet, if anyone is interested in bringing their Porsche "stuff" to sell please let me know. It could also turn out that we hold the swap meet on a different date than the open house which is scheduled for Saturday, March 23rd.

All input regarding having a swap meet and when to hold it is welcome. Please post here or email me at vintagecarworks@gmail.com to let me know. Thanks.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by speedo View Post
    Dave,
    What is the chance of hosting a swap meet this year? Conway ran one for years, then Dart Auto did it a while, then two years ago German Motorsports in CS had one...but they do not plan to continue. It would give you a great opportunity to showcase your fine facility and work. Everybody in favor raise their hands...uhm, mine is definitely in the air!
    Member # 351

Dave,
    I am definitely in. I think there could be a good turn out, if the date was set (not to conflict with any driving events) and the word was spread. I can help with getting the word out, and posting on a couple different forums. We could probably draw not only from up and down the front range, but as far west as Grand Junction. If you want to communicate off-board, PM me.

Lars
    Quote Originally Posted by DynoDave View Post
    Lars,

Your idea is a good one. It is an idea that I have been thinking about for some time now. What has held me up from posting it is that my shop doesn't have a very big parking lot. But I might be able to use some of my neighbor's parking lot. I will have to wait a week or so to check this out as there is a new trucking business that is in the middle of moving in. In order to help me gauge the interest in holding a swap meet, if anyone is interested in bringing their Porsche "stuff" to sell please let me know. It could also turn out that we hold the swap meet on a different date than the open house which is scheduled for Saturday, March 23rd.

All input regarding having a swap meet and when to hold it is welcome. Please post here or email me at vintagecarworks@gmail.com to let me know. Thanks.

Dave
    registry# 1283

I am interested in a swap - love local swaps, as it is a great way to give good deals on the larger, heavier stuff, and meet new people, etc.!

I would be interested in a swap meet also
    Dale Thero S Registry # 200

Me too! I have a list of things I wouldn't mind finding so I would attend.
    David

1972 911T Targa
    1993 964 RSA #14
    Early S Registry #1799
    PAID MEMBER 2016-17

Any plans for a later spring swap?

I would have interest.
    Chris