Thread: rhd 2.2s

rhd 2.2s

Hi

I've just bought a 1970 rhd 2.2s from a friend in the channel islands (so may ask lots of questions as I restore it). Does anyone know the breakdown of how many rhd 2.2S were produced in the 1970MY?
    It would be great to find a breakdown of the number of rhd 2.2s sold in each market. I think that my car was originally imported to Guernsey and may have been the only one for that market. The chassis number is 9110301112
    Any other information welcome. There was a rumour that the car was an amateur entry into some international rally's but this is completely unconfirmed.

best regards
    Steve

Steve

There were 34 rhd S models imported into the UK for MY1970.

This site is a great resource but you would also be made very welcome on the UK equivalent site,

http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/index.php

Why not introduce yourself and your car over there. There are one or two 2.2S's owned by DDKers.

All the best

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Hi Steve,

I have an ex-Channel Islands car, a rhd 73 911T Targa. It was delivered by Jones Garage, Jersey.
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

Hi both. Thanks for the uk figures mike, do you know where I would find details on the worldwide number of 1970 rhd s?.
    I haven't imported the car yet and so next I was going to try to persuade customs that it is a historic vehicle.
    I registered on DDK at the same time but my profile isn't live yet. Both look good and I suspect that I may need quite s bit of assistance as I don't know that much about the early cars (although have owned my 993tt for a long time).
    Interesting info Ryan. I should have the paperwork for mine at the end of the week, might even have come through the same garage.
    Steve

Steve
    I think you would have to contact either the factory archive or the relevant rhd country importers for each one to discover rhd figures. I only have UK figures. Hamilton Bros. in Melbourne were the Australian importers at the time and Hugh Hodges on here is always very helpful with imports of early cars there. Maybe he will have those figures for you. For the rest, Hong Kong, South Africa, Singapore, Japan, etc I wouldnt know who you would contact. I would imagine Channel Island cars would come first through the normal UK importers (AFN) first but I couldnt be sure. Ian McLeod on DDK would be able to tell you all about your car if you contact him with your chassis number. He is always willing to help individual owners tracing history. I would put up a post on DDK and he will see it and contact you.

You have rare car. Do you know the original colour?

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Steve,

..... pictures are obligatory .....

Cheers,
    Dennis.
    1970 914-6 - materialised from the 'Lotto' garage into reality
    1971 2.2 911 S - now back in the UK - sob!
    1975 Carrera Targa (ROW) - missed.
    One of us is fast becoming a valuable antique.
    S Registry member 536
    Australian TYP 901 Register Member 44

Hi

No I don't know the original colour, its currently a light metallic blue. I'll get pictures next week. I believe that my friend has owned the car since 1978 (but not confirmed, will know more later in the week), little is known of its history before that.

Steve