Here is the tonneau, option 9316.

1969 RoW Accessories booklet

1969 Dealer Pricelist USA (August 1968)

Registry member No.773

Quote Originally Posted by 911T1971 View Post
    Here is the tonneau, option 9316.

1969 RoW Accessories booklet

1969 Dealer Pricelist USA (August 1968)

So interesting.. #9316 Tonneau Cover (over rear seat only).... therefore from what we all have been sleuthing at is the other option would be if your car didn't have rear seats.. This could be why there is a difference between what would have been seen as both long and short tonneau covers. Long would go with RoW issue cars and short tonneau covers for US models. (it seems)
    E911SR #2107
    69 911T/S SWT 3.2L
    RG #384

I have a short tonneau on my 68 US delivered SWT that does have the rear seat (pre January 68 delivery!)

~J~
    air cooled only

I have 2 SWT here at the ranch, the 68 912 has a rear seat delete and a original short tonneau, the 69S SWT has a rear seat delete with its original short tonneau. Short Tonneau would have 2 Tennax fasteners low in the inner rear quarter panel.

I have a number of the Kardex copies for real 69S SWT cars, they do not all have the Soft Window as an option listed, but some have the tonneau option listed. Owners have asked my to keep the Kardex copies private - if you own a real long wheel base soft window S then we can share amongst ourselves.

SWT 'Tell'

Quote Originally Posted by VintageExcellen View Post
    . . . I have a number of the Kardex copies for real 69S SWT cars, they do not all have the Soft Window as an option listed, but some have the tonneau option listed . . .
    Interesting. Since a HWT would have no need/place for a tonneau . . . . maybe that's another way to tell if a given vehicle was configured as a SWT?

Quote Originally Posted by VintageExcellen View Post
    . . . Owners have asked my to keep the Kardex copies private - if you own a real long wheel base soft window S then we can share amongst ourselves . . .
    Too bad, Mark. I've always thought that publishing detailed photos + 'numbers' pretty-much made any car theft-/clone-proof, but . . .

In the mean time --- + out of my brazen curiosity . . .

. . . how many more LWB 'S' SWTs do you know about that are NOT listed, yet?

We Can Be Heroes

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post

Too bad, Mark. I've always thought that publishing detailed photos + 'numbers' pretty-much made any car theft-/clone-proof, but . . .
    Rick,
    Theft proof? People would steal the Mona Lisa if they thought they could get away with it.

As for cloning: If someone did bring a counterfeit to market they would quickly be exposed. Don't you think some would find more satisfaction in that than trying to "prevent" it?
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 09-20-2014 at 10:36 AM.

1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

this will all be sorted out pretty soon

The Value of 'Numbers'

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    . . . If someone did bring a counterfeit to market they would quickly be exposed. Don't you think some would find more satisfaction in that than trying to "prevent" it? . . .
    Hmmm

Well, when I started writing about may car, I only had a vague sense of what her 'numbers' meant --- VIN, engine, etc, etc . . . most of which I related to value. 'Matching' = good. I'm not different

But, then . . . some funny things happened

I learned how to identify a limited-slip differential

And I found out where exactly to look for my car's build number

And I even heard from people who helped me find out more --- about names + dates + places . . . things that I could never hope to find out, by myself . . .

. . . like my Kardex . . .

. . . + 'Hδndler Nr: 100' . . .

. . . + Jo Siffert

To me --- 'numbers' aren't about 'preventing' or 'protecting' anything

They're about sharing --- maybe even learning something . . . because . . . .

. . . if I hadn't shared the things that I found? --- like the 'numbers' . . .

. . . then I wouldn't have learned what I know, now

To put it Another Way --- I actually come here to learn about stuff . . . like --- for fun

But --- I'm an idiot
    Last edited by LongRanger; 09-23-2014 at 07:24 PM.

We Can Be Heroes