Page 168 of 296 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2954

Thread: What Did You Do to Your 911 Today?

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    Cute little girl,,,,and I know what is going thru her mind too,,,,,"I am going to have so many boyfriends when I show up with this hot rod"
    Good one Ed

I finally painted the hideous faux carbon-fibre airbox lid. It's the Fabspeed part (great piece), but why they commissioned a part that really only works on early 911 airboxes in "carbon-fibre look" is beyond me!?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    1968 911 Race Car "Grun Hilda"
    1969 S/T interpretation "Blau Healer"
    Restoration Saga

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    Cute little girl,,,,and I know what is going thru her mind too,,,,,"I am going to have so many boyfriends when I show up with this hot rod"
    i plan to keep the boys at bay until shes 21.......
    John Gausden
    Auckland, New Zealand

(shipping carson,CA)
    Early911nz.org
    ST-Classic.com
    ST-Classic Facebook
    "Funding my obsession one nut at a time"

Good luck with that one...Little girls always get their way...Ask me how I know...

Since I decided NOT to sell the Yellow Car I got back to work on the 3.2L Turbo motor project for that car.

We had to modify some sheet metal to get it to fit around the K27, and we had to modify the turbocharger support bracket, charge pipe and turbocharger intake pipes as well. The tin and a few other parts are aaaaaaaaaalmost ready to send to powder coating and then comes the hard part, modifying the chassis to accept the turbo motor. I need to install a 930 oil tank, a new fuel line in the tunnel, and a second fuel pump and the associated wiring and mounts.

The trans is going to be re-cased from an early mag straight pull box to a late aluminum Omega spring box, and we're also putting in an 8:31 ring and pinion but leaving the gear sets tight. The gearbox swap also means I need to swap speedometers from cable to electric, and that means running wires down the tunnel from the trans to the dash (which sounds far worse than it is).

But, forward progress is being made and that's what counts.
    Last edited by Mr9146; 07-30-2014 at 08:04 AM.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    We had to modify some sheet metal to get it to fit around the K27, and we had to modify the turbocharger support bracket as well.
    This from the guy who was trying to convince me to keep the 3LDZ in my car.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389

Quote Originally Posted by kenikh View Post
    This from the guy who was trying to convince me to keep the 3LDZ in my car.
    How dare you, Sir.

Go back and re-read the messages...you'll see that when I mentioned K27 I also mentioned brain damage and money. Ease of use = K26. If you want more power swap wastegate springs.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    Since I decided NOT to sell the Yellow Car I got back to work on the 3.2L Turbo motor project for that car.

We had to modify some sheet metal to get it to fit around the K27, and we had to modify the turbocharger support bracket, charge pipe and turbocharger intake pipes as well. The tin and a few other parts are aaaaaaaaaalmost ready to send to powder coating and then comes the hard part, modifying the chassis to accept the turbo motor. I need to install a 930 oil tank, a new fuel line in the tunnel, and a second fuel pump and the associated wiring and mounts.

The trans is going to be re-cased from an early mag straight pull box to a late aluminum Omega spring box, and we're also putting in an 8:31 ring and pinion but leaving the gear sets tight. The gearbox swap also means I need to swap speedometers from cable to electric, and that means running wires down the tunnel from the trans to the dash (which sounds far worse than it is).

But, forward progress is being made and that's what counts.

I can't wait to see some pics.
    Early 911 S Registry #2701
    930 powered 1973 911T

I drove it home, that's what I did with my 911 today. Pulled the trigger on the 1966 and now it's in my garage.

Mike

Name:  photo (2).jpg
Views: 494
Size:  72.9 KB

3.2SS engine in
    Fired up
    Gear shifter and linkage connected
    Clutch cable replaced
    Clutch adjusted
    Trans Oil replaced

Gytis
    1967 911 matching numbers car ( sold )
    1968 911T/R #0805 (SONDERWUNCH AUSSERH DER M.LISTE NR184****) SOLD
    1969 911E MFI matching ALL numbers SOLD
    1981 911 Target 4K ( SHIFT trip-Nürburgring-SPA and SOLD )
    1986 930 "Carnivore" ( "while I'm there" mode )