Page 201 of 296 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2954

Thread: What Did You Do to Your 911 Today?

Quote Originally Posted by StephenAcworth View Post
    Not technically part of the car, but I recently obtained a Bilstein jack for 304598 and have started the restoration... thanks to a couple of guys on the Board! Still working out how I can get the chemicals to 'parkerize' the shaft, but until then polishing will have to do. Also waiting to receive the new rubber protector for the top of the shaft

First I stripped the thing to its components, then media blasted some, and polished others, now painted the arm black. I'm keeping the base in its original blue as I don't want to to be overly done. Also, from various boards and discussion groups it seems that early cars could come with either a black or blue base, so I'm sticking with the blue...

A small part in the overall restoration process that should speed up a little now the horrors of winter have passed!
    Stephen,

Where, please, did you find a new rubber protector. I'm doing the same to the same jack and that's the only part I haven't been able to locate.

JZG
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

Jim, EASY, sells the rubber protectors.

John

Sierra Madre has them... http://www.sierramadrecollection.com...or-p18621.html

Quote Originally Posted by John Z Goriup View Post
    Stephen,

Where, please, did you find a new rubber protector. I'm doing the same to the same jack and that's the only part I haven't been able to locate.

JZG
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Found the original registration document for my 1972 RS (registered in UK early 1973). Done with the help of archivist at the relevant local Borough Council and input from the Porsche Dealer Principal who first sold it in 1972.

In the UK local borough/county councils were responsible for the registration (licencing) of motor vehicles until around 1974/5 when vehicle licensing was taken over by central government by what is now known as the DVLA, based in Swansea, Wales.

By a separate small world coincidence a while ago, I located the Dealer Principal of the Porsche dealership who had sold my RS when brand new back in 1972. He was long retired but immediately remembered selling "my" car when new to its first owner. Not as strange as it first sounded because he explained his dealership only sold a total of 5 RS in the whole 73 model year. Car was sold by him to a well heeled customer from hat he called an "industrial dynasty" - a repeat customer who bought many Porsche, RR and Ferraris from him over the years. He vividly remembered travelling with customer to pick up two RS, driving them back in on dealer trade plates from UK importer in London. Name of original purchaser tallies with first owner name on my records - a gentleman I had corresponded with about the car when I bought her way back in the early nineties.

Dealer Principal had explained to me how UK registration process worked back in the day and mentioned office where all his dealership cars were first registered. Essentially two letters in the registration number (licence) plate designated the relevant licensing office/region. Based on that information, I finally got around to doing some research over Easter and have located the car's original registration card. While I already have pretty comprehensive documentation/ history on the car, I am still very pleased to get this latest addition. Also pleasing to have on file several mails with a number of interesting anecdotes about the car from the very guy who sold it brand new over 40 years ago - a history going back even before date of this first registration.

Name:  cover.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  74.3 KB
    Found a use for old Porsche related T shirts- made a soft, indoor cover for my 911.
    Chuck

Early 911S registry #380
    '70S
    '75S
    '96 C4S
    '65 R69S

GREAT idea Chuck !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Removed steering wheel and shipped to Dallas Steering Wheel for some love.
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

"I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

Sticker envy ...

Name:  MMZ_2641a.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  168.3 KB
    Name:  MMZ_2644a.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  138.6 KB
    Name:  MMZ_2655a.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  122.6 KB
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    - Mark Z

ESR #2450
    http://letter26.blogspot.com/

Happy "First Day"

Before the Sunday morning road exercise, I wished my 911E a Happy First Day. According to the COA that I got from Porsche, they are not sure of it's birthday, but today in 1973 the original owner signed the papers and drove it home. Hopefully on the proper side of the road.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Andrew Chisholm
    Early 911S Member #1994
    1973 911E 2.4L Coupe
    1969 912 Coupe, original owner

Started the *enviable* task of removing 30 odd years of barn grime and verdigris and oxidation from the latest project/jigsaw puzzle.

Name:  image1.JPG
Views: 654
Size:  108.6 KBName:  image2.JPG
Views: 616
Size:  97.6 KBName:  image3.JPG
Views: 571
Size:  93.1 KBName:  image4.JPG
Views: 631
Size:  87.6 KB
    Early S #2826

Garage:
    '73 E (2.7RS replica) - sold