Page 245 of 296 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 2954

Thread: What Did You Do to Your 911 Today?

After being run off the racetrack at the last VARA event at Willow Springs by a lapper 240Z that A) didn't see me coming and B) couldn't keep his vehicle under control (because of the "massive" power he was putting down ) I pulled the running gear and suspension out of the car to have the car put on the Celette bench.

Turns out the RF was slightly tweaked from the impact with the berm, so I also need to replace the strut and control arm. Not too big a deal, really; more a hassle than anything else.

What really burns me up is the dumb idiot who, after parking IN my pit, backed his Ford Transit into my racecar while it was parked behind my trailer in the pits as I was loading it up after the accident. Now I need to fix the LR quarter panel, too, which is more of a hassle than having the tub pulled because one requires paint and the other doesn't.

Guess it wasn't my day.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Gburner
    Marco good looking race car.
    As you well know, Race cars will take all the effort you can put into them.
    The trick to racing is enjoying every part of racing, weeks of car prep, days of packing, towing, unloading, track repairs and tuning...
    then the reward a couple of hours on a race weekend when we actually get to race them.

Mine just got a new Aerotech fuel cell Bladder, fuel pump and filter.
    http://www.aerotechservicesinc.com/

Justin Wilson took this photo after loading it up for transport to Pasadena Air Cooled for street interior: sport seats and new carpet! See you at Luft 4!
    Last edited by a911s; 04-18-2017 at 06:42 AM.
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Mine's on a trailer today, too. It isn't quite as elegant as yours, though.

Ciao

Jim

70-S...reassembly

Fitted the fenders, doors and engine lid this past Saturday on the 70-S I am finishing up a complete restoration on....it pays great dividends during the reassembly process to have already fit panels, adjusted gaps, etc. before final paint.

After 14 months, and what felt like an eternity, I finally got my 69E coupe back from paint!!!! There is no way for me to accurately photograph the 22 line Tangerine Glasurit, but I'm more than happy!!! Now the next part of the journey begins....Name:  home (2).jpg
Views: 689
Size:  78.8 KB
    1969 911 E #824

Thumbs up Change of knobs........

Well, actually 12 days ago….

I put a Rennshifter in my car years ago…. Love the feel and the action … no problem

However, my stock 915 shift knob (trying both the long and short tolerance rings) would come off in my hand in the most inopportune times… only on the track !!!! ...

So, I bought a Rennshift round knob and set stud and put it in the car years ago……. no problem

However, I never really liked the look and the feel of the big round knob… (Yeah, I know you can get a smaller ‘tapered’ Rennshift knob)… what we get used too…..

So, I’m in my garage/shop and I look at my stock knob and another stock knob (that had cracked that I cut about 1 ½ inches off it’s bottom length years ago) that I had on display…..

When looking at the bottom cavity (hole) in the cut off knob I realized I would be able to put a couple of 3/8 x 24 nuts in there (the thread of the Rennshift stud) the nuts sat flat in the cavity, and the O.D. of the hex nuts was a very close fit….

So, I glued the two nuts together (to make up the distance in the cavity) and tighten them on the stud…
    Then I put a couple of dots of super glue on the top of the tightened nuts and carefully lowered the knob on in the correct orientation… After a minute I carefully unscrewed the threaded knob off the stud and epoxied the crap out of the nuts in the cavity …

And there you have it…. A shorten stock 915 screw-on shift knob on a Rennshifter…

The only casualty was four stitches in my left pinky … a bone headed move with a sharpened putty knife, that after 35 years as a model maker, I saw coming a blink before it happened….

The stitches come out Wednesday…
    ... and so it goes...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Chuck,

Sorry to hear about your finger cuts...seems old age and experience don't keep us from doing stupid things...huh. Maybe it's karma for attempting to modify a 73 S from its original factory design...who does things like that !!!

Hope the finger issues don't slow down your use, going on 25 years, of that fantastic machine.
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

I finished off reinstating the interior of my 72 after having to remove it all for import inspection requirements. Rear seats,rear 1/4 panel interior panels (including the factory lining behind) rear parcel panel and interior firewall panel, Re glued the interior sill (rocker) carpets and then moved on to replacing a blocked Left rear rubber brake hose line and rebled, tightened up the front wheel bearings,
    Thank someone its only Saturday ,, tomorrow Im off for a drive

Ps,, Chuck, sorry bout the scratch on your finger. Higher up and I could have covered it with a ring