Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why this Race number on your car ?

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar

Lightbulb Why this Race number on your car ?

Folks,

If you have a race number on your car, or have a prefered one, why have choosen this number ?

I start :
    I had initially number 2, which is a great number. However I changed to number 63. 63 is the winning number of the 911S which made 6th from scratch at le Mans 1971 (my birth year) and winner of its category. The 63 was driven by two French guys : Raymond Touroul and André Anselme.

Name:  IMGP6867.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  78.7 KB

Your turn.

Cheers

UPDATE - Aug. 8th 2013
    Peter Kane : please send a high res picture showing your car with the number 49, I would be glad if you could send the spec/type of your car.
    Joe Annicelli : please send a high res picture of your Cup car with number two and number 24 if possible. th one I have is low res and cannot be printed as is. In progress.
    Ed Mayo : please send a high res picture of your car wearing 19. Could you please drop me some lines with your car type/spec ?
    Hcrubg : liked very much your short text about 69 :-), however could you send me a high res picture of your car and a bit of a story about it and type/specs please ?
    Scott H. : I would love to get a high res pic of your car with number 40, and a bit more of spc/type history of double 20 :-)
    Richard Newton : Please send me a high res picture of your mysterious 38. I would like to get some more details about the specs/type of it.
    John Straub : Would you please send me a high res of your 914 and the specifications please ?
    Jim Garfield : please send me a high res pic of your same number as Vic ? I would like to get some more details about your cars (specs/type)
    Chuck Miller : please forgive my ignorance, could you please send me specs/type about your S and high res pics ? DONE
    Dave Wadd : Do you have a high res version of the pictures you sent me ? if so please send it to me.
    Mike Moore : If you could send me a high res pic of the brillant one you sent (107 using a videoprojector) and a bit of text of your choice ;-)
    Russ Bullethead : I would like a bit more details of your car and type/specs please ?
    Varunan123 : Would love to have the spec/type and history about 11 ? and a high res pic ?
    Chad Plavan : Can I have a high res pic of your Great Grandpa ?
    Cam Amott, please send me a high res picture and specs type, history of 91 ?
    Sam Gasel : could you please send a text of your choice to illustrate number 6 ? And a high res pic ?
    Richard : I would need a bit of more details of the specs/type of number 45 please, and a high res pic please.
    Superelfje : I would require your number story, spec/type of 59 and a high res picture please.
    304065 : Please send me a high res picture of 806 and specs/type of ot ?
    Speedo : I would need a high res picture of OIL please.
    Tennster : Could you please send me high res pictures of number 10 and a bit of more details about the car ?
    Tod Simpson : please send me high res picture of 806 and specs/type/details about it please.
    JPnovac : I would require high res pictures of 116 and number 14 please. Any specs details about hem ?
    Jens : could you please drop me a high res pic of 25 and few specs about ?
    Ned911 : Please mail me a high res picture + the ype specs of it ?
    WTdoom : could please send me a text of your choice to illustrate 95 ? and the specs of course. Can I use the pics on Pbase ?
    Gburner : I need high res pictures of yours and the associsted specs please.

The other contributors are ok, a special to Randy Wells who gave me a headache with his long and detailed text, you guys have some homework though
    Last edited by Xavier PJB; 08-08-2013 at 02:37 AM.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

My number is 17. It came to me in a dream along with white and green colors. No meaning, just Divine guidance (maybe)

Number 215...my son's birthday
    Serge

City of Ben Franklin and Cheesesteaks
    Instagram: Truevisionmediaworks

Early S Registry #2457
    Daisy: 1972 T with 2.7 engine and Webers
    LOOKING FOR 911 Engine # 6123044

Rowlf: 2017 Volvo S60 with Polestar Optimization

Mostro di Biscotti: 1975 Lancia Fulvia 1.3S Series 2

Veronica: 1987 Carrera coupe - curves in all the right places...SOLD
    Lil' Blue: 2002 Subaru WRX Wagon SOLD

Hi brakekiller, I really thought the guy who guessed 63 as the year of the Frankfurt show was going to be the winner! So do you have a picture of their car? My number used to be 19, that was the anniversary date with my first wife.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

69... I had a high school moment

Quote Originally Posted by hcrubg View Post
    69... I had a high school moment
    69, a great number

Any pics ?
    X
    Last edited by Xavier PJB; 12-12-2012 at 04:54 AM.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    Hi brakekiller, I really thought the guy who guessed 63 as the year of the Frankfurt show was going to be the winner! So do you have a picture of their car? My number used to be 19, that was the anniversary date with my first wife.
    Yes, it was clever from him. any pics of yours ?
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Why does this thread exist at all?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike curnow View Post
    Why does this thread exist at all?
    Hey Mike, how are you ?

Let me try to answer this tough question :
    1- for the pleasure
    2- to exchange on why have you choosen this race number
    3- to get interested to each others
    4- this may come to porsche race history (see post 4)
    5 - for fun (a bit redundant with 1, but so good to insist on these awful days ;-).
    6 - to leave room for criticism

I may find few others.

Does it answer your question ?

Cheers
    Xavier
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    Here you go :
    Name:  24h71_Grille_2.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  38.0 KBName:  71lm63a.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  38.6 KBName:  1971 24 h du Mans_63_Porsche 911 S_6č_6.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  37.5 KBName:  1971 24 h du Mans_63_Porsche 911 S_6č_7.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  28.1 KBName:  1971 24 h du Mans_63_Porsche 911 S_6č_8.jpg
Views: 807
Size:  31.2 KB