Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: All Users: Read this before you post

Quote Originally Posted by H-viken View Post
    How about adding a rule saying price cannot be deleted after item is posted? Historic prices are of good value
    Good idea...
    Lee Fishpaw

O Gruppe #20
    Early S Reg #2175
    R Gruppe #714
    '70 914-6
    '88 911
    '85 928S
    '74 260Z
    '74 TR6

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    +1. Retain prices.

+1 too........

Testing the waters...

If I implement the above rule, thoughts on banning authors that break the rule, say, two times? I believe some type of consequence must be associated with breaking this proposed new rule.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Yes, Peter, there would need to be consequences for that rule to not be routinely ignored. Restricting them from posting in the classifieds would be appropriate, if they break the rule. Since prices are required in all ads, those prices should not be deleted later.

On the other hand, how much would this add to the moderator's workload? Scanning every ad to look for deleted prices? That seems excessive.

Maybe the Classifieds permissions could be changed. Can it be set so that the original post can not be edited? Or if not, maybe no posts in Classified can be edited? Maybe allow a 5 minute window for typo correction.

That would cure the issue without a pile of extra moderation work. It would mean that price drops and marking sold could only be done in later posts, but maybe we users could get used to that?
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    Testing the waters...

If I implement the above rule, thoughts on banning authors that break the rule, say, two times? I believe some type of consequence must be associated with breaking this proposed new rule.
    Banning?

Seems a little Gestapoish.

Maybe put the rule in place and let the community self-police. Public humiliation and embarrassment is very motivating.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Banning?

Seems a little Gestapoish.

Maybe put the rule in place and let the community self-police. Public humiliation and embarrassment is very motivating.
    banning VS. public humiliattion and embarrassment = gestapo VS. SS

The issue has come up before and I just dropped it. I think I'll just leave well enough alone.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

would it be possible to ask sellers to EDIT their post to indicate when something is sold ?
    posting a message to that effect (ie; "this is sold") causes an unnecessary bump. same for status messages such as "sale pending".
    just a thought.
    84102 purchased in '85 FINALLY started driving it (2/2015)
    '73 911T original paint sunroof coupe waiting in the wings
    3 gauge Holbert 912... now for something completely different
    1940 Mercury town sedan

I've never understood the reasoning behind deleting a sale price. Why do people do that?