Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: All Users: Read this before you post

Hi Peter,

I was wondering, if other members reply´s/questions, that will bump the add, and often ocurres also count as bumps, and also willl close it? Thank you in advance.

Kindest regards

Paulo
    Kindest regards

Paulo

Thanks for asking. A question and the follow-up answer is not a bump.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    John:

Thanks for asking.

In general, a commercial post would be from someone representing an established "brick & mortar"/online business.

We have a standing practice to allow ads from small, specialty manufacturers that support our specialized group with limited runs of obsolete parts.

Peter

There are sometimes grey areas but if you believe a post is of a commercial nature and you wish to challenge it, please let me know so I can investigate.
    Peter

So, a person that has no license and operates underground over the internet has carte blanche to post as many ads as he or she wants, while people operating "above ground" as a "brick and mortar" business are banned from posting "for sale" ads in the classifieds? Makes perfect sense to me!

Ciao

Jim

Hi Jim:

As mentioned via PM earlier, I am working with the Registry board to rectify this issue. Thanks again for your patience.

Peter
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Yes, I asked to be allowed to post as we are both members and advertisers--and I pointed out that some folks were posting boutique pieces and although they were "smaller" —they too were actual brick and mortar shops. I was just asking the rule to be fairly applied.

That said, I have only posted a few things here and there as they apply to the Early 911 market.

What's funny is that there's also some members (non advertisers) on here that post, "Hey, I was just at XYZ shop and I noticed that they have a bottle of blinker fluid. You should check it out." Turns out those people actually work there. Now *that's* funny.

Per
    Last edited by Per Schroeder; 04-18-2014 at 07:34 AM.
    Per Schroeder

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    And please note that neither one of "us" is as prolific as Juche Namba and Ramon Gelida and many others who clearly use the board as a business. We also support Esses with full page ads....

I would also like to add that I think Jim should be allowed to post in the for sale section, and have told Jim that. Jim, thanks for the recent referrals as well! And, just sent somebody your way yesterday for a few particular parts I "know" you have in stock.

e
    Eric

You are certainly not object of my rant. I, along with you, do find it ironic that an "Enthusiast" that does not hold any kind of a license (that I am aware of) can freely use this forum as a tool to market his or her, often grossly over priced, and occasionally mis described items.
    Quote from my friend (I do mean that, too) Peter:
    "In general, a commercial post would be from someone representing an established "brick & mortar"/online business.
    We have a standing practice to allow ads from small, specialty manufacturers that support our specialized group with limited runs of obsolete parts."

This is apparently done in a random manner. I have been personally informed that I am not allowed to post "for sale" items because I am a "brick and mortar" business, even though I am small, early Porsche Specific, and supporter of this group.
    I just did a very unscientific, random sampling of "for sale" ads posted by just 2 individuals in the last 2 1/2 weeks the results (I could be off by a small amount). I counted 28 posts (over 2 per day). The dollar amount of the items exceeded $28,000.00! I don't need to name names but it would very easy for anybody to figure out who I am talking about.
    Now, I ask you. Are those 2 people posting "commercial" ads or are they operating as a "commercial" enterprise?
    I have a sneaking suspicion that the people with the most desire to keep "commercial" ads from appearing here are those very individuals!

Mr Sour Grapes

Very good Points brought to life by The gentleman From The State of Washington. Looking back to the very first copies of the Registry, there has been a place to post ads for cars "for sale" and parts. It would seem that "this" board of volunteers, that run this Registry, it should be incumbent of them to create this "vendor" section for us "users" to find new or used parts for our 25-50 year old Porsches.
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

I just want a level playing field.
    Note: I have never asked for any special treatment, and won't in the future. I am playing by the rules. I do believe the "rules" are randomly usurped/enforced and need to be uniformly applied, though.

Regards

Jim
    PS: Eric, thanks for your comments and, Per, your occasional posts on behalf of Stoddard PA are a benefit to all of us members of Early S registry.
    Some of the "FS" ads posted by "enthusiasts"? ....................not so much................

Am I pissed? Yes, I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim
    Early S Paid member
    Early S paid advertiser
    Host of the "1st Saturday Meet" of the Early S Registry "NorCal" Region. (yes, I am the person that provides the donuts and the fresh ground, fresh brewed, artisan, coffee in real coffee cups, not friggin' foam cups)
    WTF more can I do?

Humbly

Jim

Jim:

It was very nice to speak with you this past weekend. I will be chatting with my boss ASAP (literally). I look forward to a mutually beneficial solution.

Peter
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa