Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: All Users: Read this before you post

Peter

I really appreciate the time you took to talk to me and listen to my ideas and concerns.

Regards

Jim

I would love to see an area dedicated to commercial interests.... I'd would also like to hear what the keepers of Early S think the downside may be.
    Seth O.

ESR #2474
    1966 911 - '77 2.7L Hot Rod
    1967 Pontiac Bonneville - '70 455
    2000 996

WANTED: 1966 Transaxle 229835-902/1

member #1515
    I think a vendor section would be great! And the term "vendor" should be applied to anyone repeatedly selling as a business venture, above ground or below.
    The occasional listing for a random part or so is easily distinguishable to anyone here.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

I think anyone that is posting technical content should be allowd to post classifieds as well. Not to single Jim and Eric out but, hardly a day passes that one of them doesn't pass along some technical knowledge. For those that just use the classifieds as part of a business plan, those guys can pay or go away.
    Last edited by NTW; 04-22-2014 at 07:06 AM.

I second (or 3'rd) everything Eric, Jim and Curt have said. LET'S DO IT. It's not complicated.....it IS fair. It will be a HUGE benefit to the community. HUGE.....

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    Jim and Per et al:

I have spoken with the board repeatedly about having a vendor section... I would like one, and I don't see a downside to it. I've have said I would gladly pay an annual contribution for it as well. I also think the banner could be better used for Porsche advertisers. I have also had that conversation with board members, as recently as a month ago. In that conversation I was told the "value" of the banner was a significant amount of money (I won't repeat it here), suffice to say it was beyond my means. Perhaps Stoddard could pay for it, but I'm not sure they would see it as worthwhile marketing either. I think the banner could be used as they do it on the DDK, which is an annual fee and this allows you to post in the vendor section. I think there are enough "vendors" on the board that that would pay a monthly/annual fee that it could in fact reach the amount that the banner is "worth" to the board advisors (John Dilger in this case).

Please note that the "Early S Registry" is registered as a domestic non profit corp in CA and I would think that as they look out for the best interest of the corp I'm hoping they see the value in offering a vendor area for us vendors and the opportunity to help support the banner. Perhaps there could be range of pricing... one price includes a place on the banner, and one just allows the ability to post items/services in the Vendor area. I think this vendor area could have a rating thread as well, such as Yelp does.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who have posted for sale items in the classifieds parts section in the morning, only to find that their item has drifted to the second or third page by being bumped by a few of our "private" prolific classifieds posters doing their "bump with a new price" on the multiple for sale items that they have.

My .02 and so far that seems to be what it's worth.

E
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

And pay "MY" PayPal fees too. Yuk!
    To err is human; to blame it on someone else is more human...

"You must always strive to be the best, but you must never believe that you are."
    —Juan Manuel Fangio[48]

”What would PORSCHE do”

67 911 de Luxe, 356 B silver metallic / brown interior, ( buck skin really ) 67 PORSCHE [ built ] 912, Crystal blue, black interior, 72 T, Silver metallic/black interior, appearance group,factory AC.

Agree wholeheartedly... Eric and Jim's suggestion seems very sensible and actionable...

Quote Originally Posted by 69Sman View Post
    I second (or 3'rd) everything Eric, Jim and Curt have said. LET'S DO IT. It's not complicated.....it IS fair. It will be a HUGE benefit to the community. HUGE.....
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Banned
    Five bumps seems a little excessive. How about three?
    Since most sellers welcome an offer it seems to me that said seller wants more than the market will bare or the item is a dog. Seriously, does anyone really sell anything after the third bump unless they've done some serious price adjusting?
    OR
    the item over a long period of time has seasoned and the demand has changed?

And is a "bump" defined as any post by the OP that helps bring it to the surface after a short/long hiatus?

Quote Originally Posted by 69Sman View Post
    On our small and humble TYP901.org site we sell the banner ads which then allows those commercial entities a certain number of commercial posts per year under our For Sale headings
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Five bumps seems a little excessive. How about three?
    Since most sellers welcome an offer it seems to me that said seller wants more than the market will bare or the item is a dog. Seriously, does anyone really sell anything after the third bump unless they've done some serious price adjusting?
    OR
    the item over a long period of time has seasoned and the demand has changed?

And is a "bump" defined as any post by the OP that helps bring it to the surface after a short/long hiatus?
    Thanks Frank. I appreciate the comments. Five bumps seems to work as I've seen many of our members need this many to figure out that sweet spot to sell an item.

It's a little bit of an art but I look for "pure" bumps and downward price adjustments. I don't "count" responses that appear to be continuations of the buyer-seller discussion.

Feel free to PM me any time with concerns or comments.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100