Thread: New Zealander in Zurich

New Zealander in Zurich

Hi guys

Im in Zurich for 4 days and would love to hear suggestions of things to do... I realise its the middle of winter but any museums, sights etc. We do have a car so can get around the place.

Planning a day trip to the Porsche museum so anything local would be cool.

Thanks heaps

Andrew

Winter? Last time I was there ...I ended up taking a 911 s home....but since its winter...try to book a show at the Zurich opera house...a real treat...

Lemon

Adventures in Der Schweiz

Hmm

If you've got some time on your hands . . . .

. . . How 'bout playing detective?

After doing some research w/ Bundesamt für Strassen ASTRA, I came up w/ a name for a Previous Owner of my car --- a certain Switzerlander . . .

Hans Mazza
    casa al Calabrone
    6576 Gerra (Gambarogno)
    ph: 091 794 14 17

I sent a letter + photo out to this address, back in June, but . . .

. . . nothing

More here --- see post #379 on . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ty-nine/page37

My knowledge of Swiss geography is pretty limited --- small country, lotsa lakes, surrounded by mountains, etc, etc --- and now . . . it's Winter . . .

Gambarogno sits on the south shore of Lago Maggiore, right at the Italian border, + looks to be ~200 mi/320 km one-way from Zürich

. . . and its Winter

So --- if you've got absolutely nothing else to do? . . . wanna take a 'little' drive? . . . maybe knock on some doors? . . . meet some strangers? . . . show some pictures?

. . . blow some minds?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

We Can Be Heroes

Hi there

We are actually heading down through Luserne and into Italy next week so I'll put the address in the navigation and see what happens. If it's close we can definitely knock on some doors for you.

I'll be in touch

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Andy 74 View Post
    . . . actually heading down through Luserne and into Italy next week so I'll put the address in the navigation and see what happens. If it's close we can definitely knock on some doors for you . . .
    Andy --- you have no idea! . . . and I'd owe you --- Very Big Time

Good hunting!

We Can Be Heroes

Rick,

I actually found 3rd owner and he sent me by parcel the history of the car.

Lemon

Lemon, do you mean you were sent info for Rick?

I've since been through the area after trying to figure out which one it was, quiet a few different versions came up on the satnav.
    Unfortunately we didn't have any luck, I did knock on one door that I was convinced was your guy but it ended up being an old lady that didn't really respond to the pictures I showed her. I think she thought I was trying to rob her!

Sorry, I tried and failed

Quote Originally Posted by Andy 74 View Post
    . . . I've since been through the area . . . a few different versions came up on the satnav . . . Unfortunately we didn't have any luck, I did knock on one door that I was convinced was your guy but it ended up being an old lady . . . I think she thought I was trying to rob her! . . . Sorry, I tried and failed . . .

Andy --- what can I say? . . . to make time + effort --- on your vacation . . . for me. Spectacular effort, My Friend . . . you're my Hero!

I'm here --- in Southern California . . . is there something that I can do for you?

. . . only fair

We Can Be Heroes

It was no problem, we are on holiday so up for any adventure! I'm just sorry we couldn't get a result for you.

I don't need anything in return, just keen to try and help out where I can