Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 2746

Thread: 911S/911L Cars for Sale

http://www.rmsothebys.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=1076029

1967 Porsche 911 S Coupe by Reutter

- Single-family California ownership from new until 2013
    - Desirable early short-wheelbase 911 S; never restored or repainted
    - Cosmetically original “Black-plate” example
    - Special-order Tangerine (Blutorange) color
    - Includes Certificate of Authenticity, copy of factory Kardex, and original service book

Without Reserve

Chassis no. 307588S
    Engine no. 961309

at MONTEREY 13-15 August 2015

307588s . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Badhabits View Post
    . . . http://www.rmsothebys.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=1076029

1967 Porsche 911 S . . .

Chassis no. 307588S
    Engine no. 961309 . . .
    '. . . This 1967 911 S was originally delivered through VW Pacific in Culver City, California, to John von Neumann’s famous Competition Motors on April 29, 1967, and thence to its first owner, Hollis L. Clanton, of Granada Hills, a suburb of Los Angeles. Chassis number 307588S left the factory wearing special-order Blutorange paint (P2002) over a black leatherette interior. The car was equipped with several options, including a tinted windshield, a left-hand outside mirror, a Blaupunkt Frankfurt radio with its associated antenna and single speaker, and a Webasto gas heater.

Mr. Clanton passed this car on to his son, who retained ownership until it was sold in 2013 to the consignor. Today, this 911 S coupe appears in nearly all-original condition, still fitted with its factory-installed engine and with an excellent dashboard cap. The owner notes that the car has never been repainted and even wears its original and very rare 4.5x15-inch wheels (including the original spare). It is supplied with extensive original documentation, including decades of California registration certificates from new, as well as the original service book . . .
    '

(Not mine)
    Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

That's going to be expensive.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

I think it's the same 67S that appears in a FS post here in the forum by an Austrian guy

what do you guys think this will sell for....wasn't he asking $400k before?

Mid $400s....in this market that sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    . . . Mid $400s....in this market that sounds about right . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    . . . As a few of you will recall Julie and I bought our 67S from Magnus mid 2011.

Details:
    1967 S
    305966S
    Born Slate Grey/ Red.

After a short while we decided to do a complete restoration to the highest standards. Bucket list goal.

Entrusted with the cars rebirth were (a few) of the best of the best Porsche guys in the SoCal area. It was our goal to have a car that would win in any concours. We are going to do our best to show the car at Pebble Beach and a few others. We did everything to the highest standards and never cut corners. We even found 4.5 fuchs that were date stamped 09/66 (when this car was made) WITH the original tires!

We were warmly welcomed in into the classic Porsche community at every turn of the way. The Porsche community has a real sense of family that I have never experienced with other marques.

A few of the folks who have helped us along the way with information, advice and maybe a part or two:
    - Paul at the Auto Kennel.
    - Magnus Walker. (he warned me about the slippery slope of a complete restoration)
    - Tony and his crew at Autobahn.
    - Harvey Weidman.
    - John Esposito
    - Paul Chappell (posts on this site...excellent resource for parts)
    - Rolly
    - Tony and TLG
    - and of course Marco at TLG.

In the very brief time we have owned this car it is truly amazing how much the classic 911 scene has evolved. I am not sure I would take on a restoration like this again. The guys we worked with made the process easy and more or less painless...and always fun and interesting. The downside is the escalating costs. Prices of the parts and restoration services have finally caught up with the rest of the classic European collector car world.

If all goes to plan the car will be here in Texas this Tuesday. We will post pictures etc. I plan on creating a very in depth site about the restoration of the car (and our other Porsches).

We have had a few magazines express interest in doing a story on the car. (Magnus being the former owner probably didn't hurt
    Will create a series of videos etc and hopefully leave more than a few easily found breadcrumbs for others who decide to slide down their own slippery slope . . .

https://plus.google.com/photos/+TimH...30674612496017
    Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

Mine has been restored...his is original. I would guess the market would pay more for the original car....our car IS going to be for sale at Monterey this year. Consigned it with Rick Cole. All the little details are as close to perfect as possible now.

Hope it does well. Either way, it was a fun project. Not sure I will ever do a restoration to this level again. All consuming even when you have the best guys doing the work.

BTW, thanks for posting the link!

side note..please direct any interest to Rick. He has everything...paperwork, tools, NOS tires etc that are all going with the car.