Page 197 of 275 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2742

Thread: 911S/911L Cars for Sale

I know that BHCC has a tendency toward vehicles that will give you tetanus but this car looks great in pictures and is well priced.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifi...php?id=2181034
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)

Quote Originally Posted by popowitz View Post
    I know that BHCC has a tendency toward vehicles that will give you tetanus but this car looks great in pictures and is well priced.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifi...php?id=2181034
    It does not look operational . . . critical components missing out of the engine bay.
    1967 Porsche 911S Soft Window Targa
    VIN: 500197 / 500197S
    Engine: 961414
    Trans: 4280263 (not matching CoA)
    Price: $165,000

67S Samba Ad.jpg

It's amazing how they find these zero miles examples
    67S 1.jpg

Nice weld seam across the center . . .
    67S 2.jpg

67S 3.jpg
    Last edited by DOUGS73E; 06-12-2018 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Updated Info - thank you George E.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

Called Beverly Hills to get the VIN number with hopes of adding this to my Targa list. Nice fellow promised to email it to me and said the car has been sold. Didn't get the VIN. Have started to notice a reluctance to providing VINs. The argument is apparently that it will cause cloning. However, it seems to me that if I were going to clone a car the last one I would pick is one that appears to still exist. I guess Porsche has some concerns since they will only confirm engine and tranny numbers rather than provide them in prep of C of A. Of course there is always the elusive Kardex. So if I wanted to clone a '67 Targa, I would check all the known lists that might be available, pick a couple of Kardex of unknown cars (with hope of a unique color) and then clone away. Probably a 50/50 chance that the car being cloned has disappeared as rust. Already discovered a car that appears in two different places. So the argument could be made that my Targa list encourages cloning by helping to pick a car that does not exist. Damned if you do damned if you don't. PM if anybody has any additions that they want to add to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by DOUGS73E View Post
    It does not look operational . . . critical components missing out of the engine bay.
    1967 Porsche 911S Soft Window Targa
    VIN: ? ? ?
    Price: $165,000

67S Samba Ad.jpg

It's amazing how they find these zero miles examples
    67S 1.jpg

Nice weld seam across the center . . .
    67S 2.jpg

67S 3.jpg
    I went to look at this car at BHCC. In summary, an unfinished project that was started by someone unfamiliar with early Porsches. All major systems are unfinished - engine, brakes, electrical. They offered to connect a battery and try and start it for me. I suggested that they connect the oil system first. A lot of hard work done, but plenty of needs, both to finish the car and to correct numerous errors.

Quote Originally Posted by geshaghi View Post
    I went to look at this car at BHCC. In summary, an unfinished project that was started by someone unfamiliar with early Porsches. All major systems are unfinished - engine, brakes, electrical. They offered to connect a battery and try and start it for me. I suggested that they connect the oil system first. A lot of hard work done, but plenty of needs, both to finish the car and to correct numerous errors.
    Any luck assessing the VIN?
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Despite the promise to send me the VIN no luck. Probably asked the purchaser after promise to send it and he said no. My guess

Quote Originally Posted by doigthom View Post
    Despite the promise to send me the VIN no luck. Probably asked the purchaser after promise to send it and he said no. My guess
    VIN 500197S
    Engine No. 961414 (matches COA)
    Transmission 4280263 (not matching COA)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you George. You guys going to take a swipe at finishing the job?

Quote Originally Posted by doigthom View Post
    Thank you George. You guys going to take a swipe at finishing the job?
    We looked at the car for a customer in Germany, who decided to pass. Even though the car is rare, at the asking price or anything close, it's tough to make financial sense of the purchase. So much work still remains to be done, and much of the work that was done should probably be undone. If anyone know of an excellent 67S targa for sale, please let me know.

i now own this car

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-911s-targa-4/

i love it

drives like a rocket

i'm doing a little paint work and restoring the interior

i am crazy about the color

first post on here as well

thanks y'all

i paid a bit more than than that high bid

which was mine by the way

a bit bit more