Page 4 of 275 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: 911S/911L Cars for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by SyarMotorsport
    Does anyone have an issue with buying an Early S from its owner- putting 20+k on the price- and then selling to whoever-wherever- just to make that money.
    I mean these cars going to Europe arent coming back- as in ever.
    Those cars are gone from the pool for good.
    Once theyre over there- theyll be passed through generations without ever being sold again.
    So when all the toys are gone, and cant be traded around between us kids.........i guess it will all be worth it right?
    Or maybe its just me.

Early 911S on sale 30% off!...if you pay in Euro or Pound.
    For my part buying a car, putting $ 10k-20k or more into it, then selling it to whomever I want, seems reasonable...
    the English Pound is at $ 2.04- today and the Euro at $ 1.42-
    so the cars are actually a 1/3 to 1/2 the price, if you want to look at it that way.
    When the Euro was introduced it only took 83 cents to buy 1 Euro, and I didn't hear anyone complaning about the RSs and other Porsches that were imported INTO the US, the Europeans were glad to find buyers, and we were glad to buy them and bring them to the US.
    I will personally say my sorries for importing 10 more or less early 911Ss, and RSs to the US during that early period....
    However the loss or gain depends entirely on where the real money is, ie: on the strength or lack thereof of the Dollar, if it gets back to parity, then the cars will come back, simple economics,
    not based on the actions of single owners.
    Let's please not forget when almost every rare Porsche was going to Japan in the late 1980 and early 1990s, now they are slowly coming back..........
    regards,
    JP

I'm not sure I understand; "Gone for good"? Just because they aren't in the USA they are gone? As someone who has lived on both sides of the pond and taken cars back and forth over the last 30 years to enjoy as a collector, I can tell you with certainty that many of the cars leaving today will be back as soon as the dollar recovers from the gang beating it has received from this administration.

Please, politics are not the subject so let's just accept that the last 7 years have been very good for overseas buyers looking to buy excellent, rust free examples of cars (that they produced) be it Porsches, Jags, MGs, MBZ etc. I don't see them buying American Muscle in any numbers so I venture to say they are coming here to buy the cars they always wanted when they were growing up but could not afford. Gee, that sounds familiar doesn't it? Not all the cars are going to a subterranean bunker in Switzerland never again to see the light of day.

Lastly, before anyone equates the exchange rate in simplistic terms with a 911s at %30 off, let us also understand that there is a huge value added tax in every Euro country as well as conversion to road safety equipment and configuration that add a further expense and a total not too far from what we pay in the US for the car. Shipping is reasonable as we can't seem to design cars that the Euros desire so space going that way isn't too hard to come by!

There are plenty of Porsches for sale at any given time but we need to adjust our method of measuring. Are there plenty of straight frust free "no excuses" cars for $40,000? No but there are at $100,000. Which...... just isn't a lot of money to some folks used to paying $500k for a Cobra or $1.2 mill for a D type and heavens, $100k for an Austin Healy!

actually...was referring to EuroColletibles..not JPM

Yeah kids..
    What I was getting at was in reference to the 69 Sunroof S Burgundy listed here in Classifieds for months now.
    I tried to buy the car as a keeper but the car was close to be under a purchase contract with buyer.
    My loss- ok.
    However- this buyer was reseller -fine ...but
    I could have bought the car at 45k, it is now for sale for 64500...which is fine.
    Thing is that price basically takes it out of most our hands- puts 20k for the house there- and most likely it will go abroad, thanks to a weak dollar.
    Simple Free Trade I suppose...
    Doesnt mean we should like it.
    Sell to the highest bidder - yeah... but remember we are dealing in a scarce commodity item.
    Eventually if it continues- we my find our pond out of fish.

I'll take a $100,000 for mine right now. There are other "sandboxes" I'd like to play in.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

1971 Porsche 911S Targa on Craigslist

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/car/437068324.html
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Exclamation 1968 911S (not a typo) on eBay

I figured at first that this had to be a typo, or the seller had misidentified an L or was just hyping a std coupe. But no, it's a euro-spec 1968 S:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...spagenameZWDVW

You sure don't see these around here very often. I sure wish there wasn't an entire continent between it and me, and I had the space, and the spare $$$, and...
    Bill Leavitt
    Early 911S Registry #1083
    1969 S... when it left the factory

Quote Originally Posted by denizen224
    I figured at first that this had to be a typo, or the seller had misidentified an L or was just hyping a std coupe. But no, it's a euro-spec 1968 S
    This one also appears to be a '68S, but non-matching engine and missing a few bits.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

I found a 69S. What's it worth?

I found a pretty nice (in my opinion) 1969 911S. It shows 98K on odo, which seems true, but no records. Leakdown tests are all good and no oil. Looks like engine may have been rebuilt but the numbers seem to match. It has been sitting for 12 years but passed emissions here in Utah.

The car needs new badges, the paint is good but there is a small bubble on the hood and it seems a shade off of the factory color. The fit of the panels is OK, but the driver's door needs to be rehung and the fenders need slight adjustment for better gaps. The dash has typical crack just past gages on the right and the steering wheel leather is hanging on, needs re wrap. The door panels are ok but the pockets are trashed, the carpet is the cheap aftermarket stuff and the front clip has some fiberglass that looks to be an attempt to fill in rust from battery. It needs chanbe back to dual batteries, the floor pans look pretty good, no visible rust around the body. Transmission needs 1st gear synchro, cold start needs reconnecting/rebuild, needs new shifter couplers, rear wheel could use new bearings.

I was thinking about dumping $3K into mechanical issues and about $3K into cosmetics (RS door panels, new badges, steering wheel, dash, carpet) any suggestions on where money is best spent will be welcome as well.

Now the real test:
    VIN 119300954
    Motor 6391344
    Color 6852-L ?

I have a Porsche guy here trying to buy it from me. I have been buying these cars for 2 years and admit that I do not know everything. You guys seem to know the market very well. If anyone can help me put a value to the car or are interested in purchasing it, email me and I'll send photos

tkjbarlows@msn.com