Thread: Pricing help: 1967 " s " engine

Pricing help: 1967 " s " engine

Hi, I have a 1967 "S " engine complete carbs to flywheel and headers/heater boxes #960056 .I took it out of a running car (1970 " T ") it ran rough as on 5 cylinders. Will need valve job at min. How much demand is there for these and what are they worth? Would sell . (540)869-1868 . Mike

Restoration newbie.
    These are quite valuable and yours is very early 67 model year, probably built around august 66. It's most desirable the person who owns the correct chassis. We have a lost and found thread here in the hope that we can reunite orphans.

Post some pictures if you can. Depending on condition it's worth at least $5000, perhaps more. Some folks ask ridiculous amounts, they don't sell anything. Price it fairly and you'll have it sold quickly.

Compression and leak down numbers will add some confidence that any potential buyer isn't in for a full rebuild post purchase.

andy
    67S in pieces
    EarlyS: 1358
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+1 on the need for detailed photos to evaluate condition...
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Mike/Andy

That is a VERY early engine. The sand beige 67S that has been for sale for ages (and spent a long time in the UK so I know it well, I supplied the Fuchs) is claimed to be one of the earliest production for the year (July 66 build) has engine xxxxx73.
    Mike's engine here could be first week of production. I imagine it's sold already, but if not I would like more details and pictures please.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681