Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New door seals from Elevenparts

old softie67S
    I for one just appreciate the effort people like Alan and Eric are making to create correct replacements for unobtainium original parts. It is expensive to get it right, and not always economiclly rewarding. The devil is in the details and these parts, whenever they hit the market are a boon to our hobby.

Tom
    Tom

67S soft rear window
    60 356 Cab
    70 914-6 3.2 short stroke twin plug
    05 Audi S4 Cabrio (commuter)
    05 Audi Alroad (family driver)
    Aprilia SR 50R (Sanibel scoot)

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernThrux View Post
    Where have I heard that before ? Oh yeah, still waiting for the correct headliners you were going to make. I'd be first in line if it is ready within 6 weeks.
    Cut the guy some slack Ravi. If you want the "perfect" repop, you can always try to have them made on your own.

Alan, well done! I am definitely in for a set. I've tried all sorts of fixes for that whistling noise. Happy to hear your on the job.
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

Put me in line also. Just installed the "correct" ones from Stoddard on my 66 coupe. They whistle like a drunk bird !!!!!!!! Hope yours come out soon.
    Bob M
    Nor Cal

I am in for 2 sets.
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445

Alan, in for a set of two (one car).
    Registry member No.773

I am in too, a set for one car.

Quote Originally Posted by kentf14 View Post
    Cut the guy some slack Ravi. If you want the "perfect" repop, you can always try to have them made on your own.

Alan, well done! I am definitely in for a set. I've tried all sorts of fixes for that whistling noise. Happy to hear your on the job.
    My comment was tongue in cheek, You guys are seriously too serious. Or just don't know me well enough yet. I happen to be in a situation where my car will be coming together in May. If I could get a correct headliner from Alan by then, it would be awesome. We all know what a pain it is to put a new one in after the fact. Door seals are much easier, so he can take his time there

Alan first offered up the tantalizing possibility of these headliners in a thread I started on 9/16/2012. http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ight=headliner . He pointed out that the material was easy enough to get, but he had to invest in the tooling to do the perforations. It's been about 5 months, so it was worth a prod . I'm sure its worth the wait, but I'm not going to pull all my glass to do this just a few months after the OEM Porsche one is installed.

In that same thread I offered to pay and be the first launch customer so that I could help Alan with the tooling investment. So I don't just prod people, I put my money where my smartass mouth is.

Although vis-a-vis the original vs correct thread, which is better ? The correct pattern from Alan OR the OEM part from Porsche (which is squares, not diamonds). With an eye on the future resale potential in 20 or 30 years, my only experience is that cars with the square headliners seem to be going for just as much as those with original headliners. To my mind, having the diamond pattern would be nicer.

P.S. I have Eric's wipers too. So I do really appreciate what these guys contribute to the early 911 world.

P.P.S Its not keeping me up at night. I just happen to be in the Netherlands at the moment, and hence 6 hours ahead of the eastern seaboard.

Ravi
    Last edited by NorthernThrux; 03-02-2013 at 02:33 AM.
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

It is keeping me up at 4:01........I'm in for a headliner and a set of door seals.
    FWIW: Back in the '70's, I remember our dealership technicians (called mechanics then) partially removing, packing door seal channel with 'dum dum' (3m strip caulk) and reinserting door seals, attempting to stop wind noise and/or water leaks.
    Brian
    S Reg #1032

"I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

Stoddard is selling these and has for some time. If I am not mistaken, they are priced at $150.00 per seal! I am looking into this in greater detail and will be speaking with Maurice at Stoddard tomorrow. Once I know the deal, I will let everyone know.
    John

Early 911 S Registry member 473
    RGruppe member 445

I'm in for door seals and a headliner. I've been monitoring Alan's comments about headliners for months...
    -Chris Mohr

S Registry #1978