Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: need help my 1965 911 Manuf D 4/1965 could have be possible ehibition car for Porsche

Link that, shows no Silver color was offered in 1965 for 911

I forward this Thread to the Porsche restorer and he answer me the following.

Faresi, is funny how the pictures are from all different car colors, except the silver metallic, which is what they are claiming to be, LOL. Faresi, in 50 years, most unfortunate Porsches have gone through a lot of changes and owners, I have had quite a few of these poor cars go through my restoration shop in the past 30 years, then, once we receive the Certificate of Authenticity of the car from Porsche, the current owners, find out the real original color and original color plate of their car. This is why I, (only) go by the information I get directly from Porsche and nothing else.

Faresi, Go to this link, and stroll down to page 36, there you will see the factory Porsche color charts for 1965, 1966, 1967 etc. You will see that for 1964 and 1965 911's, Porsche, they did (not) offer the Silver Metallic color, they started to offer the Silver Metallic color for their 911's in 1966. This is why is very possible that Porsche made your car and used it as there exhibition car for the 1965 auto conventions world wide or for USA, so consumers can see it in the 1965 car shows, and order the Silver Metallic color for the 1966 model year.
    Also the dates match, Porsche stopped manufacturing of the 356 on April 30th 1965 and they had manufacture your Silver Porsche in early May of 1965.
    http://books.google.com/books?id=tIJ...201965&f=false

Faresi, below is the link for the Porsche Museum in Germany, you will see that most of the Porsches are silver, There is the picture of the first Porsche, it was a 1948 356 model, this model was produced until April of 1965 and replaced by the 911, notice that there are all types of cars, but there is (no 1965 silver 911), why? because, is very possible that your car is the first silver 911 that Porsche made, after the last silver 356 that they made, because the manufacturer completion date was about the same time they stopped manufacturing the 356. I have already order the full history report on your car from Porsche of Germany and also from the DMV here, they both said it will take a few months to get.
    We now have to just wait..................................
    Faresi, I already know for a fact, that your car is the first silver 911 made after the last silver 356 Porsche was made, this I know for sure, because of the manufacture dates, and once we receive the full history from Porsche, and your car is in did the first Silver Metallic 911 ever made, and Porsche did use it as their exhibition car, then, my friend............ Porsche Museum would want it, or a car collector, Faresi, Museum cars are priceless! 7 digits, Because, if Steve McQueen's 1970 Porsche 911, sold in Aug 2011 in Monterey CA,for $1,375,000. USD, just because it was own by a celebrity. I think Porsche would want it for their Museum, to put it next to their forerunner 356 silver Porsche that sits in their Museum, this silver 356 is priceless, is definitely worth millions.
    Or I deal with top car collectors from all over the world, and I know they would want it for their collection. I deal with a collector that has over 700 cars, he is a Billionaire. So my friend let's cross our fingers and hope this is the first 911 silver Porsche that is missing in their Porsche Museum.

http://www.pbase.com/genevievebradwe...porsche_museum

Well guys, He wrote some exciting stuff, I will let you guys know, once I we get the full History report on the car, in the mean time, please let me know of any pictures you guys may find from any 1965 car show conventions, were you can see what color 911, Porsche company used, as their exhibition car.
    Thanks!

Faresi

Hmmm...what happened with all this...enthusiasm?

Not likely; wrong VIN & no sunroof.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

But it is an earlier car in 6206 Silver. So defies the point of this whole thread, right?

see post # 6; shall I update it?
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Just to know, Faresi, how can I order a full report on my car from Porsche in Germany?

I already have the CoA, and Kardex, and would be interested in getting more info...

What does a full report contain that is extra to the CoA and Kardex?

Please advise...

Thanks!
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Hi guys, I saw the car on ebay, I contacted the seller 3 times, I told him that I am very interested on the car, but that any serious buyer that is going to pay 6 figures for a car is going to ask for the COA of the car, and I asked him if he had the COA from Porsche or the Kardex from Germany, he did not even answer me, this just shows me that the eBay posting is fake!

Stephen, Regarding my car- We did received the history information from Germany on my car, it was the Kardex, and it did come back Silver Metallic :-), it looks like it was used for racing and further more, one of the owners name was a celebrity, we are now getting the owner history of the car for US!
    Will keep you guys posted as soon as we receive it!
    Regards!
    Faresi

Olde Threade Alerte! . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Faresi Design View Post
    . . . Regarding my car- We did received the history information from Germany on my car, it was the Kardex, and it did come back Silver Metallic :-), it looks like it was used for racing and further more, one of the owners name was a celebrity, we are now getting the owner history of the car for US!
    Will keep you guys posted as soon as we receive it!
    Regards! . . .
    '. . . used for racing . . .'

'. . . one of the owners name was a celebrity . . .'

OK --- it's been two-plus years, now . . .

. . . any üpdätes on this?

We Can Be Heroes

Is this the crazy realtor guy trying to sell the chopped roof T-top early 911 abortion that was at the Phoenix club this year?

This lunatic story seems to come from the same madness so I was thinking it is the same car.

He also has a 65 912 that is in the first 100 built which according to him means it was a homologated car and that all the homologated cars are very special although let's be realistic, he does not understand the word homologated and borrowed that verbage from the Wikipedia page on the 904. He had the 912 out in front of RM Monterey last year asking $250k. Lots of reaching for explanations like here is a car that sold at Gooding for $1mil and my car is the same color so it is worth near that.

I used to run a dealership that took consignments in a wealthy area. Every once and a while you would get a crazy guy bringing a car in to sell while holding onto a dream, rolling his odd car in with a story some idiot told them that somehow makes his car the most collectible car in town. A story like ...this car was the first red car ever built and it was used in the first Pepsi commercial and Bob Hope owned it so I would like $2mil for my Mercedes 560SL.

I will add that if the car is question was the very first USA delivered Silver car and used in the Detroit auto show then it is worth what any other silver 65 car is worth in the current condition. Color alone would only add a few dollars. Claiming the first car ever of a certain color is noncense when you can special order any previous color in the archive for the current production car. Factors that would make it very valuable would be if it were the very first 911 made regardless of silver or red or white color.
    Last edited by VintageExcellen; 03-31-2016 at 04:38 AM.