Page 52 of 103 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Photography - The Common Passion with Porsche - Photo Tips

Quote Originally Posted by a911s View Post
    And John, that Martini livery Baby Turbo 2.1 was really good in color.
    Randy, the 2.1 RSR is generally not considered to be the "Baby." The "Baby" is the 935/77 prepared for the DRM -- powered by a diminutive 1.4 liter flat six!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Nine17 View Post
    Randy, the 2.1 RSR is generally not considered to be the "Baby." The "Baby" is the 935/77 prepared for the DRM -- powered by a diminutive 1.4 liter flat six!
    Good to know!

One thing we have not seen too much of in this thread is the people behind the cars (or next to them). Here's a grab shot from this past weekend to re-start that topic:
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

One thing we have not seen too much of in this thread is the people behind the cars (or next to them). Here's a grab shot from this past weekend to re-start that topic:
    What a terrific portrait!

I'll add a shot from the Weissach Cup pre-grid a few weeks ago that I posted on another thread. I've captioned it "The Professional." I like seeing the people as much as I like the cars...

-- David

Good to know!

One thing we have not seen too much of in this thread is the people behind the cars (or next to them).
    Excellent suggestion............this is going to be fun. Here's my initial entry.

JZG
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

Quote Originally Posted by John Z Goriup View Post
    Excellent suggestion............this is going to be fun. Here's my initial entry.
    Should be interesting. I've tried to keep people out of my car pictures purposefully to date. I'm going to see what adding the human element does.
    Seth O.

ESR #2474
    1966 911 - '77 2.7L Hot Rod
    1967 Pontiac Bonneville - '70 455
    2000 996

WANTED: 1966 Transaxle 229835-902/1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by John Z Goriup View Post

JZG
    One of your best shots, John, keep 'em coming...
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Ready to race..
    Matt Hart
    matthartcreative@instagram
    RHD 914
    1980 911SC (sold)
    69' T (sold)
    Early 911s reg # 994

Bennington classic car show today.

The first and last photos here show Ted in his '55 Chevy. I could tell from the moment I saw him that he had a story. Everyone else was out enjoying the first nice day we've had all week. Ted was sitting, almost bored, like he was waiting for something to happen.

I asked if it was OK to take his photo, and he said "Sure, OK. Should I get out?" "Nope, just like this," I replied. I grabbed the shot quickly, but as I had suspected, Ted is a man of action. He got out of the car. We introduced ourselves. And Ted started telling me about the car.

It's been a street racer since the '60s, though Ted's only owned it about 20 years. Like many hot rods, the car has been in a constant state of fixing and tuning and updating, but generally original and unrestored. It has a 327 with a street cam, a 4-speed manual, but better breathing heads and headers. The engine bay is clean, but not pristine. It's a workplace. The interior is similarly worklike: custom quilt-sewn upholstery, but in basic black. And not new. It's got a 9-inch rear end and it's been tubbed for fat drag wheels.

This is just Ted's "street car." He as another '55, a six-figure semi-pro dragster. This is just, you know, "just for fun."

What's fun? As Ted admits, "I'm probably getting a bit old for this, but..." and regales me with stories of street racing vintage Corvettes, doing green-light wheel stands across intersections, blowing the clutch "having a little fun" on the way back from the drags... and the work he has in mind to build the engine up to, oh 500 or 550 HP.

No Ted, you're not getting too old. You're doing it just right.
    Terrence Dorsey

Pebble Beach last month..... I didn't ask if she was the original owner
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter