Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Porsche Nr. 300088

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    . . . Gentlemen...………:rolleyes: . . .
    Sorry, Mr Miller . . .

. . . no disrespect or animosity, here

Frankster had some comments to make . . .

. . . and so I responded

Rather nicely, I thought . . . pleasant --- sweet, even

Cosmic differences of opinion, maybe --- but? . . .

. . . all in good humor

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by StephenAcworth View Post
    Honestly, Frank, I find your attitude over Rick's 'archival' work to be a bit puzzling: what harm is he doing? Far less than some of your more acerbic/sarcastic posts and comments on other people's posts... I think you definitely need to chill...
    I agree.

Frank you are being rather aggressive to respond in such a way to an innocuous request for more information - and then threatening why you don't give us an update on 011. (I seem to recall you appealed to this board to help you find it, or am I mistaken?)

While 011 may be an interesting car, it's not that interesting in Porsches. I would be interested in hearing more about it mainly from the perspective that it is important to you as a member of this community; any attempt by you to minimize the community by your comments I find destructive.

Banned
    Rower,
    I appealed to the world. So yes, I suppose ESR is included in that.

And I happen to agree; 011 isn’t that interesting or important. It’s just a car.

Oh brother...

What this guy does, says regarding his silly car is ALL his business. Not yours or “The Forum’s”.

You all remind me of the government sticking their nose where it don’t belong.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvkk_Tce0Kc

Banned
    Rick,

Honest question: Before posting publicly last night did you reach out to the owner?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Rower,
    I appealed to the world. So yes, I suppose ESR is included in that.

And I happen to agree; 011 isn’t that interesting or important. It’s just a car.

Oh brother...

What this guy does, says regarding his silly car is ALL his business. Not yours or “The Forum’s”.

You all remind me of the government sticking their nose where it don’t belong.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvkk_Tce0Kc
    You didn't post a request for information on this website appealing to this community on 011? Perhaps I was mistaken. If not your request wasn't just to the entire world, of course, but targeted.

More on point, to interpret Rick's request in its friendly badgering tone as a demand for information and "sticking their nose where it doesn't belong" on a forum they posted on is over the top. Don't you have a filter or an ability to read something in the context with which it was written, or give him the benefit of the doubt if not? It seems petulant and bored to me. I'm not going to watch your youtube. Probably want to Rick Roll me]

I got no fat in this spat but this is quite funny.
    lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=885y3jy1ddI
    Mark

I’m going to send a very annoying millennial vlogger out to follow frank to his dad’s old shop where he keeps his hidden treasures he won’t share with us.

Mark, could the rumour be true that you are the.... Darth Vlogger ???
    Mark

FWIW, there are cultural/regional differences.
    What is perceived like a little friendly prod by some will be regarded as borderline harassment (an exaggeration here but you get the point) by others.
    Where I live, people are nosy, peek into windows, through doors ajar.
    Can't stand it. I'll gladly share with like minded people, but on my terms.
    That Rick asks for "bumpdates" sometimes irks me, but the damage is minimal to my (admittedly thin) skin. He feels he has a mission to keep us entertained, and to create a references for these cars, which is laudable.
    Peace all.

Post Script . . .

. . .

Attached Images Attached Images     

We Can Be Heroes