Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 68 911L interior question

68 911L interior question

My 68 911L has Elephant Hyde interior but does not have head rests. I have seen the bolster type for the early cars. Did they come with the Elephant hyde cover? Can the bolsters be added easily to my original seats?

Any help is appreciated.
    jfd
    Last edited by 72targa; 01-12-2024 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Please list items for sale in the appropriate section with pricing. Thanks.

jfd,
    The roll type head rest with smooth vinyl is correct for your car. There are kits with the head rests and the hardware that is needed from a few different suppliers.
    -Eric

https://sierramadrecollection.com/pr...BoC7FQQAvD_BwE
    Eric Gratz
    Early 911S member

Parts wanted - Elephant hide seats, 71 911E engine 6211756

just in case you missed it
    feel the top of your seats
    there may be the provisional hardware beneath the cover
    if so then you can install the D type internal mounting headrests

To my knowledge elephant hyde was only available before D-type headrests, so the model Eric posted earlier would be correct with it.

Quote Originally Posted by prea View Post
    To my knowledge elephant hyde was only available before D-type headrests, so the model Eric posted earlier would be correct with it.
    I had my picture archive sorted and had no headrests on european elephant hide comfort seats…
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

I’m had a 68 L, no headrest, sport seats. Elephant.
    Had a 68 912, no headrests
    The 912 came with a Mercedes, ‘over the seat, headrest. Similar to the photo.

My 63 356 came with factory headrest, the cylinder type. In blue.
    You have to feel in back of the seat ( as already stated) if the bracket is welded in
    place, if it is not, you cannot install headrest unless you take the seat apart and weld brackets in place.

Most likely the brackets are not there. They feel like 2” wide steel plates that are flat.

Name:  IMG_4180.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  92.2 KB

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914

No head rests on my 68L éléphant skin. They have been add after (not elephant). Elephant hyde only on the seats, inside door et dash board.

What is the source for those over the seatback attachment.
    I can't "feel" the back 2" steel bracket on my seats and I don't want to tear the seat apart. The over seat attachment looks like it might function without affecting my Elephant upholstery.
    Thanks for the tip

Not a great shot - but the circled part is one of the knobs to attach the cylinder shaped plain black headrests

Name:  IMG_5430.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  154.5 KB
    1968 911L Coupe - Golden Green
    1971 911S Coupe - Gemini Blue
    1973 911S Targa - Signal Yellow
    1974 914 2.3 - Sunflower Yellow

there does not appear to be any tell-tail lump or bump under the vinal that would accept the internal head rest