Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Show in the Parking Lot

Fashion Island Aston

Saw this a coupla week-ends, back . . . curb-side by one of the little eateries

I've got Buddy who just loves these cars. This looks like The Little One, but still --- kinda big/thirsty/over-done for what you get, IMO --- plus . . . (Your Deity here) help you if something breaks outta warranty

And not red
    Attached Images Attached Images    

We Can Be Heroes

Unidentified . . .

I have no idea what this is

Anybody?

We Can Be Heroes

More Unidentified . . .

Live axle in back . . . and looks rather well thought-out/executed

Truck chassis, maybe?

We Can Be Heroes

It's a rally fighter. It was a crowd-source design meaning people who spend too much time on their smart phones voted on the specs/styling. The results speak for themselves- design by committee has never created a good looking car but this one has to be the ugliest I've ever seen. Makes the Nissan Juke look well proportioned.

http://localmotors.com/rallyfighter/
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Rally Fighter . . .

. . . from Korea --- by way of Chandler, AZ . . .

. . . built by the customer at a Micro Factory owned and operated by Local Motors . . .
    http://localmotors.com/

Hey --- it's got reg tags, so . . .

OK, not pretty, maybe, but . . . does it 'work'?

We Can Be Heroes

F355

Prolly the last genuinely 'pretty' Ferrari, IMO. Roof panel looks removable = GTS? . . . better to hear that motor. 3.5 liter/380 HP, 40-valve, Ti rods. Still . . . 3000 lbs/1360 kg. 11k built = not rare. Almost/sorta affordable, too . . . ~$60k-$75k?

Then again, all Ferraris are money-eaters --- why do you think they paint so many of these things red, anyway? . . . but F355 maintenance costs-per-mile are only ~$1.00 . . . a mere nibbler. But that doesn't include fuel, tires, brakes, repairs, divorce proceedings, etc. No wonder these things always have low miles

Then, again . . . does look pretty good sitting . . .

OK - so . . . how much for insurance?

We Can Be Heroes

246 Dino . . .

Another car, seen kicked-to-the-curb in Monterey

I'm not a Ferrari Guy but 'criss-cross' wipers + Cromodoras = Series II, mid-'70 thru '71 --- ~500 built? Rare car --- series IIIs are the ones most seen/sold. Side-markers = US-spec, but covered headlights? . . . not sure 'bout those --- if they're 'stock' (Euro) or not. No flairs, no chairs

Anyway, interesting numbers Back-in-the-Day . . . 2500 lbs, 2.4 liter, 175 HP, ~$13k = comparable to the 911S . . . and --- except for the price . . . still very close today

I hate this car. Showy little prance-wagon that never won anything . . . except maybe beauty contests. Even Enzo wouldn't have his name on it, while he was alive, so --- what does that tell you? I've never driven one + never sat in one . . . never cared for their looks, either. I think it looks like a frog-faced kit car

Then again, ever since Wayne Carini sold one for 300-large . . . maybe I'm just jealous?

At least its not red

We Can Be Heroes

That is one of the top 5 most beautiful cars ever, in my view- mix of 904 and XJ-13 (or E-type or 275 GTB). I like that it has the headlight covers as the design was meant to in the first place.

New BMWs . . .

Caught these cars out in a parking lot, over the week-end . . .

1st two shots are of what looks like a revamped 1-series. I don't get these cars, like --- at all. These're not cheap . . . and by the time you put any options on 'em, they cost as much as CPO 3-series. So, why does BMW build a car that competes w/ their own used-car program? Don't get it

Oh-yeah --- one more thing

Car's ugly. Camo-wrap helps . . . but not much

Last two shots are of what looks like an X-series --- a 3, maybe --- but . . . . do I care? Needs camo. Woof!

Anyway, I'm sure I'll see both of these mutts at the L.A. Auto Show . . . coming-up next month

We Can Be Heroes

1 > 3 in the modern world. The 1 is the size of yesterday's 3. Although now the 1 and 3 are both going to be sedans so the ultimate driving machine mantle will be taken up by the M4 and whatever they come up with as a hot 2 series- M2 or 2seriesMcoupeSdrive35ithat'sreallya3litersingletur bobutwe'llcallittwinpowerbecauseitstwinscroll. The X's are all stupid.