Thread: SB or 5B or ??

SB or 5B or ??

Can anyone help me out with identifying what the characters after the 74 are?

I can't figure out if they are SB or 5B or 58.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Jim, I am going to take a stab for you... Gr. 5, class B. Oh, and thanks for the personal tour a few weeks ago when I was in town.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

I'm thinking SB, but I don't know what it means. BS makes sense.

Name:  PORSCHE 911 .jpg
Views: 122
Size:  79.4 KB

It's probably S/sedan B/ instead of B/Sedan...

Up till '68 the SCCA could class 911's in B/Sedan as well as C/Production
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thanks for the input so far. I know this car raced in the Trans Am series in 67 but in going through many historical photos I've come to believe the car must have raced with other organizations and that's what the extra markings are for. I'm leaning towards SB after seeing Curt and Chuck's post.

Scott, really enjoyed having you over and trading stories.

Curt, not sure if you knew this when you posted but the two cars in this thread were owned by the same person and have the same fender insignia (Erhard Motors and Erhard Motor Sales). The 74 car preceded the 54 car (it looks like #54 has a 1968 door handle).
    Last edited by jimhuiz; 05-23-2013 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Chuck's response

Jim, I thought they might be related. I found internet photos of some 67/68 Trans Am races recently and thought that I had one of the 74.