Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are the top five things to remember to bring to the Parade Concours prep?

What are the top five things to remember to bring to the Parade Concours prep?

I have been reviewing the photos of prior parades like I'm scrubbing satellite photos working for you-know-who.

For those that have BTDT, what were the key items on your checklist?

What were the key items you wish you had remembered?

Thanks in advance. . . the checklist builds. . . and I have to fit it all inside the trunk and cabin. . .
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Window cleaner for sure and some soft brushes for dust.

John
    1959 356 Coupe, 1600 Super, sold
    1960 356 Roaster, race car, SCCA, sold
    1960 356 Roadster, show car, sold.
    1962 356 Cab, show car, sold.
    1965 911 #301111, Red Book Vol 1 "Cover Car," owned 54 years.
    1967 911 #307347, bare-bones, some road wear, a little surface rust, and a few dents..., owned 14 years.
    1970 914/6GT, (Sold - ran the last three Rennsports)owned 30 years.

Photography Site: JohnStraubImageWorks.com

Registry #983
    R Gruppe #741

Make sure your car is in the right class (ask me how I know).
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Sense of humor
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

no help on the checklist, but one of the first things i try to secure when i arrive is a spot in the concour prep area, it ususally first come first serve, but you can pic a spot easy access to exit to your room or a spot as you see fit, as compared to whats left if you wait, arrive early and get aquainted with lay out of facility
    registry #2072

Camera with plenty of film.

The judging sheets, so you know exactly what will be looked at and you can be sure to pay the most attention to the biggest points producers!
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

+1 for Ed's tip.

Also, be sure you know the judging basis for the Group (Preparation, Restoration, or Preservation) you will be showing in. Each one has a different emphasis on originality. In Preservation it is 100% originality so spending a lot of time cleaning the car to prefectly pristine is not necessary in this Group.
    Joe Hartman
    Early 911S Registry #157
    R Gruppe #174
    356 Registry

top 5 things to take to Parade for concours prep

1. Some friends to help (at least one with small hands)
    2. Cash
    3. Good all purpose cleaner
    4. Pad for your knees to rest on while you clean
    5. Usual assortment of towels & supplies. Especially an purpose cleaner (I use Meguiars), Final Inspection spray & your favorite glass cleaner (I like ritz cloths for this - no lint)
    Try to do as much as you can (trunks, engine, underside, interior, tools, jack,etc) beforehand so you are just cleaning dirt from transit
    Have fun and good luck!
    ds

Quote Originally Posted by rstrahota View Post
    1. Some friends to help (at least one with small hands)
    2. Cash
    3. Good all purpose cleaner
    4. Pad for your knees to rest on while you clean
    5. Usual assortment of towels & supplies. Especially an purpose cleaner (I use Meguiars), Final Inspection spray & your favorite glass cleaner (I like ritz cloths for this - no lint)
    Try to do as much as you can (trunks, engine, underside, interior, tools, jack,etc) beforehand so you are just cleaning dirt from transit
    Have fun and good luck!
    ds
    All good suggestions-- the last one is the best- trying to do as much as possible before setting out- but the list is getting longer, not shorter! (Although to be true, the items are getting smaller and smaller-- things like, "Koni decals" vs. "Rebuild Motor")

And I appreciate your advice in particular-- seeing your car first at a club race, and then at the 05 parade, has been a real inspiration to finish my own!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 304065; 05-24-2013 at 09:18 AM.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen