Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rennsport Australia - thumbs up, big time!

Welcome aboard Luke, great to meet you guys. I'm sure your going to continue to enjoy your car, its looked great in the carpark Saturday arvo. Sometimes you just cant beat factory delivered !!
    Andrew B (Tiger)
    911 69E Historic Production Race Car

Well said AB

Great to see all of you southerners again! Thanks for your hospitality Mr Curnick and also to Kao and Chase man

Tim and John thanks for the minimal snoring

Alex job well done mate you should be very happy with the way it all came together.

Great to have a very cautious farewell spin around the track. It's going to be hard to be without a 901 I suspect.....
    Looking for engine # 6208151
    '74 RS 3.0 Replica
    '70 911E Bahia Red (SOLD)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 Twin plug BEAST (SOLD)
    Australian TYP 901 Register #78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Quote Originally Posted by 9er View Post
    Great weekend, good to meet you guys, and see the cars, felt a bit left out without a car there, going to have to think about that for next time.
    Chris,

Nice to meet you (and Luke) in person. You should definately bring a car and enter Reg. We talked Justin into and he's never looked back. No need to bring much else as between us all we have a pretty good selection of tools, spares etc. - most of which never get used anyway...
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

Well I'm out of bed after a long haul straight through from Sydney to Brisbane with Tim and Jeff. Remarkable time made on the Pacific with no traffic and very little active road works. Big props to Tim who pulled our road trip together and Cam who located our salubrious accommodations in Surry Hills. And thanks to Ryan and Kao for a nice evening in at their place. And a drive of "The Whiteness"!

I need a day or two to digest what a terrific weekend I had. I seriously have never had a bad visit when I come and see the historic racing guys and am alway so impressed with how unpretentious and welcoming they are. Having declared myself Tim's official wingman this trip, I had such a good time being involved with these old race cars. And catching up with Scribs, Justin and Matt Hart albeit shortly was terrific (thanks to Matt for a photo of me and "The Whiteness").

As always a big shout out to Andy, Ryan, Cam, Alex, BT and NT and other real racers that try hard to put up with me and remember my name, it was wonderful. Coffee on Sunday morning with David Withers and Geoff Morgan was fantastic, and I got to hear some terrific stories. I don't know how David's RS went in the show and shine, but it is one very well researched and restored car.

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting those of you I had not before, particularly Mark, Luke, Chris, Tom, Dennis and Hugh from the Typ901 board. As is always the case there is never enough time to catch up with everyone.

As everyone else has noted, Alex Webster has put some big yards into organising this event. I'm sure there is lots of feedback for Porsche Australia on the event, but I hope it remains constructive and I hope it is the first of many!

The above all reads like a bit of of an awards night speech But truly you guys need thanking
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    1968 911 Race Car "Grun Hilda"
    1969 S/T interpretation "Blau Healer"
    Restoration Saga

John,

Did you grow/style your hair just to fit the whiteness vintage

Quote Originally Posted by hmd View Post
    John,

Did you grow/style your hair just to fit the whiteness vintage
    I was growing my hair anyway, but the style was all for Obrut
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    Restoration Saga

Shudder....
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

For you Ryan...
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    Restoration Saga

Oh the humanity

If I didn't know better I'd swear that photo was taken in Oxford St........
    Looking for engine # 6208151
    '74 RS 3.0 Replica
    '70 911E Bahia Red (SOLD)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 Twin plug BEAST (SOLD)
    Australian TYP 901 Register #78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Fishcop later that afternoon...
    Matt Hart
    matthartcreative@instagram
    RHD 914
    1980 911SC (sold)
    69' T (sold)
    Early 911s reg # 994