So, I've been kicking myself all day. I went to the swap at parts heaven this morning and pulled a bone head move. Up early, and arriving while people were still setting up, I took it slow being my first time there.
I cruised along looking for a few pieces for my 67' 912 when I stumbled upon a set of (5) 7/'67 steel wheels at a booth. They were in great shape. Two potential buyers were there talking about them and I inquired as to how much they were. First mistake- don't ask the guy contemplating if he's gonna buy the wheels how much they are. $1200 was his answer. We both walk away. I wonder if I should have asked the guy selling them how much they were?

Next, a few stalls down, there are a couple of removable headrests for pre '68 low back seats sitting on the table with a piece of tape on them stating $150/pair. Now those would have worked real well for the set of low back seats I have missin their removable headrests. So what did I do? Kept on walking telling myself they were too expensive- didn't even try to negotiate with him. Half an hour goes by and my better thought catches up with me and I say hey, I should go buy those headrests. Guess what?! They were no longer to be found anywhere. Couldn't even find the guy who I thought was selling them. Missed opportunity, no one to blame but myself.
Now feeling pretty deflated and on my way out, I cruise back by the table that had the perfectly date coded beautiful condition steelies sitting under it. You'll never guess what happened next. Maybe you can... they had disappeared, along with my dignity. I had to ask how much they sold for, this time from the vendor. $500 bucks was his reply and I felt pretty dumb. A fair price for a beautiful set of wheels which was never meant to be.

I tell you this tale in the hopes that the Porsche Gods have not forsaken me. My Dad, a big time aficionado of all kinds of forgotten vehicles in various states of disrepair is rolling over in his grave.

I'm sure there are those of you who missed out on that Pre-A because you couldn't pull the trigger, so im no feeling too bad.
I'm putting it out there that I'm looking for a set of removable headrests and a set of date coded steel wheels for a 1967 912.

Thanks to parts heaven for the swap. It looked to be a great turn out and there were plenty of guys carrying off goodies they found hopefully at reasonable prices. The two guys who found the old school set of mechanical corner weight scales were pretty cool.

So here's my list:
'67 matching month steel wheels (4 or 5)
Removable headrests for pre'68 lowback seats
Wood Shift Knob
Wood Sport Steering Wheel
Door panels/cards
Set of 1967 Headlight Buckets
Set of 1967 Fenders
Blaupunkt Radio knobs
Windshield Washer fluid reservoir

Best,
John
1967 Porsche 912
1964 Amazon Wagon