Thread: Need photo of SWB wiper motor base- want to see how fog light harness attaches.

Need photo of SWB wiper motor base- want to see how fog light harness attaches.

I believe, but I am not certain, that the pair of ground wires that come out of the middle of the wire harness for the fog lamps terminate on the brass male 1/4" faston terminal that is attached to the bottom of the wiper gearbox.

Of course this is where the ground for the wipers goes also. My original fog harness was long gone, replaced by brown zip cord in someone's idea of humor/cruelty.

Can anyone with an original SWB snap a photo of this area? I think it's a double faston tab but would like to be certain.

Photo credit: My Webasto Guru
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

John,

I have sent you an e mail with a few pictures (pre-resto) from my 1966 swb. Hope they are of use.

Mick

Thanks Mick! They are ***almost*** exactly what I need. . . really need a photo of the underside of the wiper gearbox showing how the four brown wires come together at that very point.

I have an answer to your other request as well. . ..thanks for your patience.

John, I'll try to remember to take pictures tomorrow of both my 67 and a 65.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

John, hope this helps, first one is of my 67, the motor has been changed by me, so can't say for sure if I put the ground spade on the same place. The next two are a customer 65 where it's likely this was never tampered with.
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Ed, thanks! That is precisely what I need. Looks like a second tab on the screw for the gearbox on yours, and the customer's car does not appear to have fog lights, perhaps it's a 912? I actually did it the same way as your first photo without a reference so will go with that and move on to the next mystery!

Just a word of warning John, make sure that engine bay is perfect,,,,,,,if you get my drift
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Well then Ed I guess I better get to work. . . .