Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage BMWs are FUN! And you can STEAL THEM!! Like a PERFECT 3.0CS or V12 (850Ci)

Quote Originally Posted by execmalibu View Post
    Great story and true!

The vintage BMWs are poised for some serious respect and appreciation...

Once the word gets out to the Russians and Chinese they all will be gone.
    I hope not. Wrecked Exotics is depressing enough as it is. The Russians and Chinese cannot drive for $h*t. Wild west stuff.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Unfortunately the worldwide surge in Vintage Car prices is partially do to some of the third world countries coming into wealth... The demand for our Vintage Toys is exceeding the supply... Remember when the Japanese were buying all of the Vintage Cars especially Porsches back in the late 1980s?

Porsches were child's play compared to this boner:

1989- Takeo Kato's $13,837,500 GTO. Subsequently sold for $2.7 million after the BUST. Talk about a hair cut!

BTW: Ferraris are selling everywhere EXCEPT Italy. 2012 was a banner year "world-wide". Back home the tax hunt that was semi-news here has tightened up the cheaters to the point that they aren't "showing their money".
    Last edited by sithot; 07-03-2013 at 12:17 PM.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

The Numbers DO NOT LIE!!! WOW! 16,200 HITS and counting on a 1973 BMW 3.0CS...

There is currently a black 1973 BMW 3.0CS on ebay...

The car looks very cool but it is far from being original.

The car is a color change from Fjord Blue (light Blue) to Black and is a Resto-Mod with modern Carbon Fiber trim, and a Fiberglass spoiler. The seats are covered incorrectly and the material for the headliner is totally wrong.

The auction for this BMW has had almost 20,000 Hits so far! When I first posted this 48 hours ago it had 16,200 hits, that figures out to be about 1,500-2,000 hits from new people per day! And the auction for the car still has 1 full day left.

So far the bids are up to $32,200 with 48 bids. $32K is not a lot of money for such a beautiful car you could not dupicate the car for double that amount.

500 People watching any car is very impressive but over 20,000 different people showing interest and watching a single car is absolutely remarkable...

Over 20,000 people interested in any car seems like writing on the wall for investors especially for a vintage car with the typical supply and demand statistics... Ya think?

Final Results-

The auction ended with 68 bids to $40,000 with almost 21,000 people viewing the auction...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by execmalibu; 07-07-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Banned
    Curious: What's the $$ knock for an automatic trans in a very nice 3.0CS?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Curious: What's the $$ knock for an automatic trans in a very nice 3.0CS?
    If it had a "crate LS6" with an auto I wouldn't be bothered one iota.

Tom
    Last edited by sithot; 07-12-2013 at 05:16 AM.
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I've owned two coupes, and both have been automatics. Auto's (I've read) can ding the car by $2500 - $5000 as the swap is straightforward. However, I think lately the difference has been less, as they all become a bit more valuable. Perhaps like a Sporto in a longhood? I've actually heard some people prefer autos in coupes, so finding the right buyer maybe means no $ difference IMHO.

Why the hell did I buy two automatics? I found the condition of the cars to be better than the sticks I had seen, as they weren't driven as much, perhaps. Plus, the appeal of the coupes is a bit different than 911s for me, so no $ ding for me.
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Frank,

The autos are less desirable but it appears that a good solid original 3.0CS with an Auto is only slightly if any at all less valuable... My buddy actually wanted one with an auto. I have (5) Coupes two have autos and they are very nice drivers. The most expensive Coupe I bought had an auto.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    Why the hell did I buy two automatics? I found the condition of the cars to be better than the sticks I had seen, as they weren't driven as much, perhaps. Plus, the appeal of the coupes is a bit different than 911s for me, so no $ ding for me.
    Couldn't agree with you more. Exactly why I wouldn't mind buying an auto.
    I HOPE the hit isn't as hard as a Sporto. I still think that's more like 25-30%.

Ferrari doesn't offer a manual anymore. Local Porsche dealer told me that their orders were now heavily weighted toward the PDK.

Face it; the only folks that know (learned) how to drive a stick are the 50 and up crowd. The new automatics are so good that I'd be hard pressed not
    to consider one. A friend who was at Watkins Glen recently said that the Cayman S with a PDK is a track "animal".

Mentioned before in another thread but Hagerty is teaching younger enthusiasts how to drive a stick. Good idea for "future" business.

As for new cars. Resistance is futile. All sorts of reasons for companies not the least of which is safety and emissions. (You just cannot shift and text/talk/eat safely)
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111