Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Vintage BMWs are FUN! And you can STEAL THEM!! Like a PERFECT 3.0CS or V12 (850Ci)

From the sublime to the ridiculous, it does have the Vasek Polak connection though.

http://bringatrailer.com/2017/01/05/...bmw-700-coupe/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Not so ridiculous, they were very popular little race cars back in the day. Fangio and Von Trips both raced them, among others.

BMW 3.0CSL in Motorsports

The Niki Lauda picture on the previous page was taken during the 1973 Spa 1000 Km in June.
    Here are pictures from the start of the race, with a mix of GT and Touring class cars that followed the factory prototypes of Matra, Ferrari and Mirage.

The #60 BMW 3.0CSL of Niki Lauda finished 7th overall and 1st in Touring, while the #64 BMW 3.0CSL of Hans Stuck finished 8th overall.
    The #41 Porsche Carrera RSR of Herbert Müller finished 5th overall, but was classified as a Prototype due to several non-standard features. It was the highest placed Porsche.
    The #46 Porsche Carrera RSK (Kremer) of John Fitzpatrick finished 14th overall; the #40 Porsche Carrera RSR of Reinhold Jöst finished 10th overall and 1st in GT.
    The #42 Ferrari 365GTB/4 Daytona of Teddy Pilette finished 12th overall; the Ford Capri RS2600 of Hartmut Kautz did not finish.

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

BMW 3.0CSL in Motorsports

The Quester-Hezemans 3.0CSL, overall winner of the 1973 Spa 24 Hours at Spa-Francorchamps.

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

Quote Originally Posted by wsk View Post
    Not so ridiculous, they were very popular little race cars back in the day. Fangio and Von Trips both raced them, among others.
    I meant that to be tongue in cheek. I've had various BMWs from the 60s, 70s and 80s, both two and four wheel and I think the 700 is a cool little car with a racing history. My point was more how far BMW had come from the 700 to the mighty 3.0CSLs in a decade.

I think that 700 is a great deal for someone interested in BMW history, for what a couple of nice seats would cost.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Speaking of VP and BMWs, here's a frame I recently picked up on Ebay:

And here's the car it's going on:

It's an original California blue plate car from LA:

Brent
    '70 911S
    '68 TR250

Nice. Is your '02 Golf yellow?

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Thanks Scott. Yes it is.
    Brent
    '70 911S
    '68 TR250

My Group 2 CSL. Willi Martini ran a well known racing operation at the Ring long before the factory took up racing, and before Alpina or Schnitzer or any of the others for that matter. This car may have more laps at the Ring than any other race car!

IMG_1395.jpg