Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moving to Austin area....3 Porsches in tow

Oh we are weird...not to worry about that. You want weird, we got your weird

what you are going to want is some good A/C ! or drive your cars 3 months a year. the weather sucks
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

The Speedster is a garage queen...I suspect the 67S will be as well. A/C in the GT3RS works great...and we have other cars as well.

I think we are ready for the weather. Everyone has told us that its hotter than hot in the summer. We will leave Austin in the summer and stay at another place on the coast.

Quote Originally Posted by boxster03 View Post
    what you are going to want is some good A/C ! or drive your cars 3 months a year. the weather sucks
    The weather is awesome. Yes, the summer is hot. But make sure you don't have a job digging ditches and you'l be fine. The summer nights are incredible and the other nine months of the year you'll have some of the best weather in the entire country.

I guess it depends on your definition of summer - if it is late February to November you won't be disappointed
    Early 911S Registry #750
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by boxster03 View Post
    I guess it depends on your definition of summer - if it is late February to November you won't be disappointed
    Uh-oh. Princess is hot!

Yeah. Those average 72/51 days of March are killer!

mad scientist
    Louie, Welcome to TX.

PM me your contact info when you get to Austin. I am mostly the keeper of the email list of the early car enthusiasts here in Austin. We often get together for drives and other gatherings. In fact, we had a kart night this past Thursday. We have a great group in TX with a crew from DFW, Houston and a few scattered around the area.

Backroad drives will start in September on the first weekend morning it cools off. I already have a route planned but just need to wait for the triple digits to break. I am sure you will fit in just fine. Oh, that 67S needs to be exercised. The roads West of town are well suited to the capabilities of our early cars. There are many slower, technical roads if you know where to look. Of course, if you want to bring the GT3 you are more than welcome.
    1971 911T SWT - Sun and Fun Machine
    1972 911T - "Minne" painted and undergoing assembly.

Hey I am in NYC - I don't spend but a few days every couple weeks back there - Austin is on its 15th 100+ (in a row) and another bunch here and there and another 5 straight forecast. if it is your cup of tea so be it. Just my 2 cents. You might want to put your car up on ramps to keep the tires from melting

Maybe those 25 years growing up in SoCal with every day being P car weather jaded me ?
    Early 911S Registry #750
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Quote Originally Posted by jpnovak View Post
    Louie, Welcome to TX.

PM me your contact info when you get to Austin. I am mostly the keeper of the email list of the early car enthusiasts here in Austin. We often get together for drives and other gatherings. In fact, we had a kart night this past Thursday. We have a great group in TX with a crew from DFW, Houston and a few scattered around the area.

Backroad drives will start in September on the first weekend morning it cools off. I already have a route planned but just need to wait for the triple digits to break. I am sure you will fit in just fine. Oh, that 67S needs to be exercised. The roads West of town are well suited to the capabilities of our early cars. There are many slower, technical roads if you know where to look. Of course, if you want to bring the GT3 you are more than welcome.
    Louie,
    welcome to the Hill Country. We have seen a lot of growth in the past decade, but still a great area. Our little early car group, led by Jamie, is strictly for fun driving on the back roads, and the occasional wrenching. We do meet for breakfast during the summer too, when its too hot for most to drive. Get on board and you will enjoy your cars to the max here!
    Bill Conway, Early S Registry member #254
    1970 S, 2.2L Silvermetallic Coupe
    1973 T, 3.2L Black Carrera Targa
    1969 T, 2.4L Silvermetallic Targa