Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: @eBay - Mary Kay Carrera 2.7!

Hmmmmmmmmm........ reminds me of a certain RS heading to auction...........
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Quote Originally Posted by bespoke View Post
    All-

I read the amazingly detailed, lengthy and unavoidably serpentine link related to this car that was (thankfully) posted here by 69Sman. Is the very short version that this car is a real 1974 MFI/ROW Euro delivery car with a previously re-stamped chassis that was maybe stolen at some point, and then stamped incorrectly, and it is now re-stamped back to the original correct number, and the engine is a real and period correct 911/83 that may have been in a '73 RS or may have been in another car, that probably had the "8" filled and re-stamped, but it is not the COA/factory matching engine for this car? I have to admit that I read it all more than once and I could not figure it out, especially with the '73 RS connection and the reference to that car being numbers matching (or not). Can one or more of the many knowledgeable registry members here please offer a brief description of exactly what you would be getting if you bought this magenta car on eBay? Thanks.
    The engine that was in this car back in '07, when it was located in MI, was put into an 'RS' with the VIN 1109 which was very suspect and withdrawn from an RM auction in Monterey in '11. I have no idea what engine is currently installed in the Carrera 2.7 as there are no serial number photos or references to a specific serial number.

Call the dealership to find out and then let us know the answer. Thanks.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

VIN = 9114600263
    Eng# = ?
    Trans# = ?

Seller's eBay schtick . . .

. . . CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY- ULTRA RARE- NEVER IMPORTED INTO THE US- ONLY 1,026 MANUFACTURED- PORSCHE'S LAST STREET LEGAL MECHANICAL FUEL INJECTION VEHICLE- FACTORY INSTALLED 2.7 LITER RS MOTOR- IDENTICAL WEIGHT TO THE 73' RS TOURING CAR- G-SERIES BODY- DUCKTAIL- ALL RECEIPTS- The Auto Gallery is honored to present this superlative 1974 Porsche 911 Carrera ROW / MFI with 5-Speed Manual Transmission. Finished in a Magenta Exterior and a Black Leather Interior, this 911 Carrera is simply terrific! This Porsche has been very well maintained, recently serviced, and with only 26,180 miles, it is in immaculate condition! This 911 Carrera boasts an extensive list of equipment that includes, 2.7 LITER RS MOTOR, G-SERIES BODY, DUCKTAIL, Leather Interior, K45 Option Group, Bumpers w/ Impact Absorbers, Leather Sport Steering Wheel, Forged Light Metal Wheels, Sekuriflex Windshield, Black Headliner, Sunroof, Fog Lights and much more! The 911 Carrera ROW / MFI (Euro Carrera 2.7) were manufactured for the European market following the end of legendary RS model. Due to strict US emission laws these vehicles were never imported. These cars came equipped with a factory installed 210 bhp 2.7 Liter motor straight out of the RS. The major difference from the RS being the G-Series body as oppose to the long hood form. These Row / MFI vehicles were produced in similar numbers to the RS and carried the same weight as the RS Touring car. Car and Driver recorded a 0-60 mph in 5.5 seconds, during extensive testing. This particular car features a Factory Installed RS 2.7 Liter Engine with 37 more bhp than the US motor, a Lightweight 2,370 lb G-Series Body and Increased Downforce via the famous Ducktail Spoiler, making this a great buy. Take advantage of this opportunity as this beautiful 1974 Porsche 911 Carrera ROW / MFI is being offered at an incredible price and WILL BE SOLD SOON! The Auto Gallery Porsche has inventory levels that exceed the average Porsche dealer by more than 500%. As with all of our vehicles it is CARFAX certified. Please don't hesitate to call or visit our showroom with any questions you may have . . .

Seen @Friends of Steve McQueen, 2013 --- see post #35 . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-McQueen/page4

Color = fraise . . . one-of-one, reportedly/allegedly. Original AC car

(Not mine)

We Can Be Heroes

being that this is being sold by a Porsche store should give the buyer some recourse in the event there are proven 'irregularities' down the road.

I can't imagine a non-Porsche nerd would even consider a ROW mid-year 'RS'. Let alone a pink one. The unusual history of this car has been reported widely on this site (and easily found when Googling the cars VIN). Hopefully this will save someone from making an regretful purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by curtisaa View Post
    Here is the Latin summation:" caveat emptor "
    B O H I C A should be in there somewhere.

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I requested a photo of the chassis stamping and the engine number. Will post here if I get them.
    1953 1500 Pre-A Coupe
    1989 930 Turbo Targa
    2007 GT3 RS

1946 Cisitalia D46 Monoposto
    1947 Cisitalia 202 GS Coupe
    1947 Cisitalia 202 SMM "Nuvolari Spider"

1953 1500 Pre-A Coupe
    1989 930 Turbo Targa
    2007 GT3 RS

1946 Cisitalia D46 Monoposto
    1947 Cisitalia 202 GS Coupe
    1947 Cisitalia 202 SMM "Nuvolari Spider"

Interesting that someone was able to take this VIN stamping and turn it into the fairly accurate current one in the photo above.

I recieved the same email with link to the photos 'bespoke' posted above. There is an very interesting email from a Porsche employee in Porsche Classic who confirms the production number match with VIN. Here is the quote from the email;

"Productionnumber 1041698 is correct for VIN 911 460 0263
    interior 16=leatherette black,seats leather black
    optiongroup K45 contains 559=cooling system,568=colored windows".

From the past linked thread we know the engine in this car can't be original as it was sold on eBay back in '07 with the altered serial number on a '73 Carrera case. The photo of the serial currently in the car confirms this by looking at the number stampings. The '4' is clear indication of the restamp.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fryardds; 07-23-2013 at 07:35 PM.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Ask for pictures of the underside of the VIN plate, where they welded in the new stamping....
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Restoration newbie.
    This is why cars with altered VIN numbers should be sent to the crusher. Like a bad penny they keep showing up as each owner discovers they have been duped and then attempts to toss the hot potato.

andy
    67S in pieces
    EarlyS: 1358
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]