Thread: 1960's SCCA Race History Research

1960's SCCA Race History Research

Hi folks,
    I need some help from the experts out there in researching the race history of my 911. I have extensive records of its race history after 1975, but 68-75 is still a mystery with some talk about TransAm... The SCCA log book for the car is #19-377, sort of like a serial number for SCCA. If you break down the number it's the 377th race car registered in SCCA region 19 (CalClub). With a little bit of research I was able to find this Chevy Camaro also from CalClub:

http://bringatrailer.com/2010/03/07/...-chevy-camaro/

The Camaro has SCCA Log book #19-565, much later and it was recorded as racing in the 69, so it's reasonable to assume that my car was racing in SCCA in 68. If anyone out there could help me fill in the gap I would greatly appreciate it.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Phil Gilsdorf; 11-01-2013 at 06:43 AM.

I was a Cal Club member and raced SCCA, but not until 1975 so I'm probably not much help. I was unaware of the numbering system for the log books, although the log book number would indicate when it was issued and not necessarily when it was raced. Is there a number stamped on the main hoop? I also noted that your Log Book is a duplicate which probably means that there were previous races not logged in the book and that the original car pic is gone. Chasing old Club Racers can be a difficult task. I've chased my share over the years. Sorry I couldn't be more help.
    Last edited by gsjohnson; 07-25-2013 at 07:05 AM.

Correct, the log books I have date from 1975 to the 80's, but they are duplicates. I was able to find a few more Cal Club log book numbers as reference points and the early SCCA identity No 19-377 puts this car on the track around 1968 and it would have raced in B-sedan. Obviously if I could validate any Trans AM U2 history that would be huge. Here is another pic of it on track at Riverside in 75, Yellow with black bumpers, Durant mirror on the driver's side, and what looks like the basic rally kit roll bar. Obviously it has flares added, so it may have been a different color back in late 60's. Waiting on the COA to confirm.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Phil Gilsdorf; 11-01-2013 at 06:42 AM.