Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for for a nickel plater of H-1 headlight reflectors

Looking for for a nickel plater of H-1 headlight reflectors

Hello all.

I'm looking for a nickel platter of H-1 headlight reflectors for a couple of headlight restoration projects. The outfit that will do aluminum deposit coating on my headlight reflectors does not do nickel plating but requires the headlight reflectors to be polished nickel plated. I've search the web but all the places I called do not accept small projects. Please let me know if you can recommend someone that can nickel plate headlight reflectors. Thanks in advance. Andy
    Last edited by flatsixcrazy; 08-11-2013 at 06:27 AM.
    Andy (VA).

member #1515
    Just send them here. Some stuff the Brits just do better.
    http://www.vintage-headlamp-restoration.com
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Member John Audette just put a post in the parts for sale/wanted section that he is now offering a headlight restoration service.
    Jeff Jensen

Quote Originally Posted by mobius911 View Post
    Member John Audette just put a post in the parts for sale/wanted section that he is now offering a headlight restoration service.
    I also remembered that but can't find his posting to save my life...can someone help? Maybe a "services offered" section would be a good forum addition?
    Last edited by luke-44; 08-09-2013 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke-44 View Post
    I also remembered that but can't find his posting to save my life...can someone help? Maybe a "services offered" section would be a good forum addition?
    I also knew about John's service but decided to give fun project a try. Thanks.
    Andy (VA).

Andy, pretty much any decent chrome shop should be able to do it. Nickel is the first step in a good chrome job, followed by copper then the actual chrome. If there isn't anyone in your area let me know. There is a pretty good chrome shop in Norfolk called Royal Silver. Give them a call. If you can't take the time to drive down, ship them to me and I can drop them off for you, then ship them back. FWIW I've used them before and the chrome looks great. If you want show work they will do it, but if you don't they need to be told. they are very open to doing whatever level the customer wants

http://www.rschrome.com/
    1973 911 RSR clone..... to be

"And pretty soon you're grabbing gears like they are ten thousand dollar bills."

http://www.kahikocustoms.com/auto-projects

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty B View Post
    Andy, pretty much any decent chrome shop should be able to do it. Nickel is the first step in a good chrome job, followed by copper then the actual chrome. If there isn't anyone in your area let me know. There is a pretty good chrome shop in Norfolk called Royal Silver. Give them a call. If you can't take the time to drive down, ship them to me and I can drop them off for you, then ship them back. FWIW I've used them before and the chrome looks great. If you want show work they will do it, but if you don't they need to be told. they are very open to doing whatever level the customer wants

http://www.rschrome.com/
    Thanks for the tip, Scott. I'll give them a call. I'm set to pick up some SWB parts in Norfolk, in a few weeks, and would be able to drop off the parts while I am there. I called Halonplating in Richmond but he said he cannot plate reflectors (I'm not sure why). Andy
    Andy (VA).

Hanlon has a BAD reputation around here. I'd avoid them anyway
    1973 911 RSR clone..... to be

"And pretty soon you're grabbing gears like they are ten thousand dollar bills."

http://www.kahikocustoms.com/auto-projects

I am researching this and it seems like silvering is the correct process,they say chrome only reflects 60%. And nickel I dont know ,doesnt seem reflective.

I think they actually use aluminum, not silver. That is what telescope mirrors use.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425