Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTT: Rolls for Porsche

WTT: Rolls for Porsche

I have several P cars and now want to trade of sell my concours winning 1976 rolls royce silver shsdow for ss A70_73, 911 coupe or an 87_89 coupe.
    I can post pics next week or ck out eay by searching "1976 sil ver shadow rolls royce" it is the burgandy colored rolls. Sorry on older cell and cant post pics
    Jim f
    73 RS HotRod Replica
    90/93 Ruf BTR C-4[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    R Gruppe #373
    Early S Reg. # 1630

Banned
    How much dough are you throwing in?

I have over 100k in the car plus over 1000 hrs of time. High quailty shadows sell for 35_50 k.
    73 RS HotRod Replica
    R Gruppe #373
    Early S Reg. # 1630

pic of 76 Rolls Silver Shadow

Here is the awards pic of my 1976 Silver Shadow I. I want to trade for an 87,88,or 89 911 Coupe.
    Silver Shadow I Toronto 1st place.jpg
    73 RS HotRod Replica
    R Gruppe #373
    Early S Reg. # 1630

I might consider my 993image.jpg

Too bad no one wanted to trade there 25K 911s last yr for my Rolls, I just got 40K.
    73 RS HotRod Replica
    R Gruppe #373
    Early S Reg. # 1630

Quote Originally Posted by Rufcar View Post
    Too bad no one wanted to trade there 25K 911s last yr for my Rolls, I just got 40K.
    those who see a 911 as an investment did not trade cause next year they get 45K for there last years 25k 911...

those who drive there 911 did not trade cause a rolly makes no sens to them....

congrats for selling it for 40k....now you can buy an other 911

Quote Originally Posted by Rufcar View Post
    Only took you a year...

I guess you could rent it out for special occasions like weddings, proms, etc. Drive it over to the shop (if you can find one) and have it fixed again! But what else would you do with it? Most of the people I know who have vintage RR pull the original engine and put a Chevy big block in it more reliable and a regular mechanic can work on them. 100K in it plus 1,000 hrs. sold for 40K ouch!! My neighbor across the street has the same car (right hand drive) not in your condition but all there, she is about ready to give it away just to get the garage space back!
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Moito No I already have 73 RS 3.4 Hot rod and a 1 of 2 RUF BTR C-4. And yes I was thinking the same thing 2 yrs ago when I 1st tried to sell after winning many National awards. BTW I don't own a trailer and drove to all events east of MS
    Livefrom NY it took over 2 yrs not one!
    Mfitton. I do most of my own work and theres noting wrong with RR engines its usually the wrong person worked on your car and THOUGHT they knew what they were doing.
    RHD are about worthless in the USA. Ebay killed Shadow prices. People buy a Rolls on the cheap and get what they pay for. Usually some owner didn't want to spend 40 a qt for the RR363 brake fluid and put some $3 a can SAE in there and now you have a 20K repair bill. I know because I have repaired them. Last yr the Rolls Foundation received 10+ really nice post 65 cars one was a 99point Shadow because he could get it repaired and had zero offers.
    In the real world theres really no value in used high end cars after there warranty is up. Check out most 8-10 yr old high end cars, Porsche included and see what they are worth.
    I had 2 Rolls and 1 rare 1935 Bentley and I sold them all due to high maintenance costs meaning , if you drive them like I do the parts break rather quickly. It just got very old.
    The 2 Porsches I have over 25 yrs and neither have ever failed on the road, ever broke of failed to start. The Rolls had something break ever time I took one out on a trip and every part was new or rebuilt.
    I decided to change my focus and I just restored a 69 Camaro SS and currently doing a 65 Riviera GS. Cars that start, parts available at the local hardware store and currently hold there value. It was time to go back to my roots.
    73 RS HotRod Replica
    R Gruppe #373
    Early S Reg. # 1630