Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Porsche Owner's Club, Cup Race # 10 at Auto Club Speedway, 8/24/13.

Quote Originally Posted by TKO View Post
    Is the PDS open to any type of Porsche ..... any requirements or restrictions?
    You will need to become a POC member, I think it's $75.00 for the year... You must wear a long sleeve shirt and long pants... I believe everything else, including helmets, can be provided at the track.... All cars regardless of marque are welcome! however they must be in good working order and pass the tech inspection, again provided at the track... You will be assigned an instructor too... Go to the POC website where you can join and sign up for the event... See you there!!

This video is from a PDS event earlier in the year, at the Streets of Willow. I was running in the Red run group... They are 5 different run groups ranging from novice to experienced...

Quote Originally Posted by Bermudez View Post
    This video is from a PDS event earlier in the year, at the Streets of Willow. I was running in the Red run group... They are 5 different run groups ranging from novice to experienced...

Nice run. Was that the day it was so windy there was a wall of dust over Palmdale?

Looking forward to running the car again...it feels like it's been forever since I've gone fast. Got some fresh rubber so that'll be nice...
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    Nice run. Was that the day it was so windy there was a wall of dust over Palmdale?

Looking forward to running the car again...it feels like it's been forever since I've gone fast. Got some fresh rubber so that'll be nice...
    Yah, that was a good weekend!

OK, question for Marco and Alexander (or others too!): Lets just say I have this 'friend' that has an interest in starting POC events. This friend has some open track day experience with a first gen Miata and also some track day experience on a few different Ducati's. What would the smartest approach for a vehicle(s) be:

A) Track a currently owned 997 for PDS events, then buy something more track specific later.
    B) Buy an 'inexpensive' street legal Boxster or 911 for PDS that I don't have to worry about road rash, dents, etc. and can drive to events.
    C) Buy a used Spec Boxster (BSR or BSX) right out of the gate to use for PDS and potentially other future events.

Thoughts and advice appreciated! Alexander, let me know if you would rather have me start a new thread.
    Tom
    Early 911S Reg #544

OK, question for Marco and Alexander (or others too!): Lets just say I have this 'friend' that has an interest in starting POC events. This friend has some open track day experience with a first gen Miata and also some track day experience on a few different Ducati's. What would the smartest approach for a vehicle(s) be:

A) Track a currently owned 997 for PDS events, then buy something more track specific later.
    B) Buy an 'inexpensive' street legal Boxster or 911 for PDS that I don't have to worry about road rash, dents, etc. and can drive to events.
    C) Buy a used Spec Boxster (BSR or BSX) right out of the gate to use for PDS and potentially other future events.

Thoughts and advice appreciated! Alexander, let me know if you would rather have me start a new thread.
    I did my first PDS in a 997, then I built a street legal BSR... Not the cheapest way to go, but I drive it to the track and have no need for a truck and trailer... Alternatively I have a friend who bought a ten thousand dollar Boxster and went through PDS and TimeTrials with it with minor modifications... He has now built himself a street legal BSR and will be attending Cup school later this year...

Take the 997 to a couple of PDSs and see how it feels, then contemplate the decision....
    Last edited by Bermudez; 09-03-2013 at 06:09 AM.

Alexander,

Do you still drive your BSR Boxster to the track? Any need to take extra wheels and tires at the level your racing?
    Tom
    Early 911S Reg #544

Hergesheimer Motorsports provides me with track support at all POC events, as a result they transport all my wheels and tires for me, they also have a large inventory of spears just in case... That said I have been known to test without any track support, in witch case I'll derive up on fresh tires and just use them up... I have AAA!

If the 997 is too precious then buy a $7000 Boxster and go bananas.

Starting from the bottom and working your way up through the ranks will be a great experience, and the car will somehow get modified to suit your needs as you go through the process.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Did you start in the POC Performance Driving Series before working your way up to Cup BSR? I gotta find a way to do this!!!
    TKO, there is no better time to start with the POC than this event...

342.jpg