Thread: Porsche 911 "80's" build

Porsche 911 "80's" build

Lots of love for the 74-89 impact bumper cars here recently. Continuing that theme, what would your 80's inspired 911 buildup include?? I'll start:

1. gold mesh centred wheels (BBS or any of the many repro's)
    2. pirellis in 55+ series
    3. period Recaros or Sheels - either Recaro stripe pattern or tartan
    4. blaupunkt cassette deck - possibly a separate slider graphic equaliser...
    5. short rubber bendy aerial

Ok, what have you got (and try to avoid the first 3 pages of the old perf products/automotion catolgues...)
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

Guards Red.
    Terrence Dorsey

It would be leased, not owned...
    ds

Quote Originally Posted by rstrahota View Post
    It would be leased, not owned...
    ds
    Hah, nice call.

I was cleaning out my garage on the weekend and found a mint Blaupunkt London radio/cassette (circa 1983?). Now safely packed away and reserved for an 80's build. Just need to find a Wang Chung tape to play in it.
    Cheers, Ryan

Founder and chief centre cap remover at : ZOLLHAUS / Design driven custom PORSCHE : https://zoll.haus

Quote Originally Posted by obrut View Post
    Hah, nice call.

I was cleaning out my garage on the weekend and found a mint Blaupunkt London radio/cassette (circa 1983?). Now safely packed away and reserved for an 80's build. Just need to find a Wang Chung tape to play in it.
    I saw Wang Chung open for The Cars at the LA Forum in 1984. Terrible concert. Both bands were awful live.
    Registry Member #1583
    '73 911 S Aubergine (VIN#9113301295)

Quote Originally Posted by popowitz View Post
    I saw Wang Chung open for The Cars at the LA Forum in 1984. Terrible concert. Both bands were awful live.
    I saw U2 open for J. Giles Band....."Freeze Frame!!"
    "Speed never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that's what get's you."

1973 Austin Mini
    1975 911S 3.2 "the blue goose"
    1973 911E sunroof 3.2